UNV´s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Team Leader of the Procurement Unit in Management Services, the Procurement Assistant provides procurement services ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Procurement Assistant promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit and works in close collaboration with UNV staff at HQs and outside Bonn to support business needs and facilitate information exchange.
Administration and implementation of operational strategies
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- Provides inputs to UNV procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in procurement in consultation with direct supervisor and office management.
Support to procurement processes for UNV and at the request of other Agencies
- Contribute to the preparation of procurement plans for the Unit´s monitoring of implementation through consolidation of inputs;
- Support to the organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposal and preliminary evaluation;
- Preparation of purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of recurring purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. Buyers profile in Atlas;
- Support to preparation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP) ensuring integrity and accuracy of documentation;
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Presentation of Atlas reports to contribute to procurement dashboard and statistics;
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNV to other Agencies;
- Support to joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Update of the rosters of suppliers. Maintain database and provide reports to organizational units as required;
- Source potential new suppliers; keeps abreast of significant market trends and developments in several domains, as per the organization´s procurement needs and trends. Identification and recommendation of sources of procurement based on thorough research and quality check.
Control of UNV Assets
- Contribute to UNV´s assets management exercise and related processes;
- Full compliance with all assets management guidelines, rules and regulations;
- Support the timely preparation and submission of all required assets verification reports;
- Manage assets transfer cases consistent with relevant guidelines and procedures.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Participation in staff trainings on procurement in coordination with direct supervisor and UNV´s capacity development team;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- The ability to acquire goods, services or works from an outside external source
- Ability to find, evaluate and engage suppliers of goods and services
- Knowledge of contract management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of supplier management concepts, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Knowledge of logistics operations, principles and methods, and ability to apply to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Secondary education with specialized training in procurement.
- University Degree is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling web based management systems.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of German an asset.
- Compliance with UNDP Procurement Certification will be required within first year after selection.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension