SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Duty Station: Baidoa, Somalia
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G5**
Type of Appointment: Special Short term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 24 January, 2019**
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Procurement/Supply Chain Officer***,*** the successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administrative support to Resource Management Unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Records, Track and prioritize purchasing requests and obtains additional information/documentation as required; make sure all are endorsed; provides assistance to requisitions in preparing scope of work and specifications of goods and services; proposes product substitutions consistent with requirements to achieve cost savings.
Managing the fleet and drivers for implementation of office & program activities on a daily movements. Coordinate, plan and oversee operation of transportation needs of the office & programs. Setup a proper vehicle dispatch and tracking system. Ensure that all drivers are maintaining their logbook properly. Monitor the vehicles logbooks’ on weekly basis, keep proper tracking records for vehicles and equipment and ensure proper maintenance and timely repair.
Responsible for the general office administration and organize services and maintenance of all the office equipment with suppliers and guarantee a continued supply of all essential utilities.
Create efficient filing system for all documents, reports and procurement records, tenders, bids, etc. and make sure it updated regularly.
Prepare the Purchase Orders, contracts and ensure financial authorization is received.
Ensure the timely delivery of procured supplies and materials. Follow up with the Vendor for supply system and status of supplied item. Resolve issues related to delivered goods.
Make training/Hotel/Security escort reservation, and prepare Request for Payment related to those reservations for any staff on duty.
Update and maintain the visibility stock in Baidoa office to ensure required minimum stock is reached, and in coordination with the procurement staff to replenish the stock accordingly.
Maintain and update progress-monitoring tracking sheet of procurement process for each request submitted to Procurement and Logistics unit in Baidoa office to ensure that goods/services/works are delivered within the project timeline, and payment is made in a timely manner.
Provide technical guidance to all staff in the office with regard to procurement related policies and procedures.
Provide guidance and training to new junior staff.
Act with integrity and professionalism in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor Degree in the relevant field (Finance, Business Administration, Management, other related field) with minimum three year of relevant working experience, or;
· Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with 5 Years Of Professional Experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and SharePoint.
- Experience in Computerized Accounting Systems, Experience in SAP System is an advantage.
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and Somali is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.