- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy
- Assist Assets Management
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement team results-orientated workplans.
- Support to implementation of procurement process including preparation of documents, receipt of quotations, bids of proposals;
- Maintenance of the UN City procurement filling system;
- Assistance in prioritizing procurement requisitions in terms of urgency for appropriate action to be taken by the Administrative Specialist. Tracking of all procurement processes up to the delivery, acceptance and payment. Follow-up with requesting units on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Vendor creation in Atlas;
- Preparation of routine correspondence, memoranda and reports on procurement in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources;
- Provision of information for preparation of cost-recovery bills for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Input of information to the roster of suppliers.
- Receives, inspects and verifies all incoming equipment, furniture and supplies and scheduling deliveries to the UN City;
- Tags all furniture/ equipment upon receipt from the supplier. Update of non-expandable property inventory;
- Enters records in the asset control database (system) ensuring inventory records are up to date and accurate;
- Support toe the management on physical assets disposal;
- Conducts the mid and annual assets physical inventory verification exercise by checking the accuracy of records and location of property and prepare reports as requested by HQ/U Agencies;
- Prepares ad conducts quarterly verification exercise of inventory of materials and stocks, and prepares reports and requested by HQ.
- Participation in the training courses for the operations/projects staff on Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
- Ability to identify and execute opportunities to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of professionals towards common goals
- Ability to establish, build and sustain effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients.
- Secondary Education with at least four (4) years relevant experience, or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or International Relations with relevant experience of at least one (1) year;
- Specialized training in procurement is desirable.
- Procurement Certification (by CIPS) would be an advantage.
- 1-4 years of relevant experience within procurement, administrative and /or finance at the national or international level;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Experience with IPSAS is desirable.
- English is the official UN language in Denmark hence fluency in English is required;
- Fluency in Danish is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel) is required;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Knowledge of protocol and security issues is desired.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Priority will be given to Danish nationals and holders of relevant Danish residence permit.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 364 days