ProCap is searching for Senior Protection Advisors who:
- Can provide senior-level expertise and leadership on protection
- Enjoy working independently and seek variety and flexibility within their field of work
- Can be part of a larger effort to assist the UN in responding to current protection challenges and addressing gaps in the humanitarian system’s protection efforts
Generic Job Description:
- The Senior Protection Advisors’ role is to strengthen the strategic and operational response of the Humanitarian Country Team (or humanitarian community), conduct protection analysis and develop protection strategies and implementation plans for the Humanitarian Country Team/ Humanitarian Coordinator/ Residence Coordinator.
- Support protection coordination mechanisms, lead protection mainstreaming efforts, guide the development of comprehensive protection strategies and build in-country protection capacities including preparedness and contingency planning.
- Support national governments in the elaboration of protection strategies and frameworks for durable solutions for IDPs.
- These tasks are expected to be performed with emphasis on coordination, leadership and management of the protection response to internally displaced people and other affected populations.
- Development and implementation of national protection policies, strategies and operations in support of assistance, return/resettlement and recovery in situations of internal displacement
- Advocacy with host authorities, other country team members and donors
- In addition to above, going forward ProCap is looking to strengthen its capacity within Housing, Land and Property (HLP), Durable Solutions and Nexus
For more information about ProCap, please follow this link
- A minimum of 10 year's experience with protection, including significant field experience
- Advanced University Degree in a relevant field of study (eg. human rights, humanitarian law, social sciences)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the institutional mandates of UN agencies working in humanitarian crises and post-crisis situations, and of their approaches to protection work.
- Demonstrated ability to provide principled, effective and sustainable responses to problems affecting the protection, rights and legal status of people of concern
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of protection issues and approaches in humanitarian, development and peace building contexts
- Strong understanding of protection standards, key sectoral issues and processes including advocacy for protection
- Hands-on experience with capacity building and coordination at senior level
- Solid understanding of monitoring and learning processes
- Inter-agency experience from UN and/or INGO
- Advanced managerial and strategic leadership experience
- A history of effective management of conflicting priorities
- Fluency in English is required
- Spanish and/or French is highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation abilities
- Highly developed networking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly developed resiliency to work and live in remote locations with high levels of stress
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Ability to build consensus
- Missions normally last for 6 months, but can be extended
- No family allowances are offered
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Free housing of moderate standard on assignment
- 2,5 leave days per month and R&R where applicable as per UN rules and regulations
- Medical/health insurance.
- Employed by the Norwegian Refugee Council while deployed to the UN
- Selected candidates are expected to be available for mission within the first three (3) to six (6) months of having been accepted to the roster.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete psychometric tests as part of the selection process.
- Final interviews will be conducted face to face in Oslo, Norway
- All candidates will receive feedback within three weeks after the closing of this advertisement.
Application Procedures and CV Registration:
- Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.
- It is expected that you build a CV in Webcruiter by completing your personal information, education, professional work history, language skills and other relevant sections in the fields available.
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on shortlisted candidates.
- Approved Health Certificate will be required prior to contract commencement and deployment.