Location: Washington, US
|Office Country||United States of America|
|Dept. / Bus. Group||VP Banking|
|Business Unit||Washington (USA)|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||2 years|
|Posting End Date||28/03/2019 |
The primary purpose of the Representative Office in Washington DC, USA is to support business development by establishing and maintaining senior relationships with key potential foreign direct investors into the Bank’s regions and to raise awareness of the Bank’s mandate, capabilities and instruments. In addition, the Representative office will strive to build broader relationships that are critical to the Bank’s mandate including with regional offices of other International Financial Institutions, global multinational corporations and financial institutions, respective government ministries and agencies and business associations.
The Principal, Business Development position is an integral part of the Washington, D.C. Representative Office, and provides input to the Director, Head of Representative Office for designing and implementing the effective relationship architecture for the EBRD’s outreach across the North American region. This includes establishing and maintaining key senior government, regulatory, corporate, private and public relationships to ensure adequate visibility of the EBRD and its mandate across the region.
This position is instrumental in raising awareness, interfacing and expanding audience’s knowledge/perception that help ensure correct understanding of the extent of the Bank’s capabilities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Assist the Director, Washington RO in developing and maintaining relations with international financial institutions (e.g. IMF, World Bank, IFC, ADB, AfDB and IADB) and other multilateral institutions in the North American region.
- Coordinate and, as applicable, lead establishment and development of cooperation with national and regional business associations, in close coordination with the Director, Washington RO.
- Provide input into preparation of EBRD’s high level visits to North America in close co-operation with relevant sector and country Banking teams, Business Development Unit, and other relevant departments of the Bank as applicable.
- Provide input, devise and coordinate relevant marketing instruments (e.g. seminars, road show events, etc) in close cooperation with the relevant departments of the Bank and the Business Development team.
- Raise and maintain high-level awareness and interest of major prospective clients in regard to the Bank’s instruments, services and capabilities. Represent the Bank externally at the relevant events to project the image of the Bank.
- Suggest activities to maximise identification of potential projects / new clients. With respect to the identification of opportunities and deal generation mandate of team, support Director in the assessment, evaluation and monitoring of potential leads/projects. Ensure maintenance of newly established relationships prior to CRM allocation outside of team, monitor regular follow-up to leads which have been passed to teams prior to exploratory.
- Advancing and maintaining strong working relationships and dialogue/co-operation with all interlocutors internal and external to team/Bank.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in relevant subjects, such as economics, finance or international business development.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in relationship management or business development function, obtained from a financial institution, investment/commercial bank or equivalent, experience in a multi-national company
- Demonstrable experience of devising, convincing, leading and delivering business development strategies
- Track record of building credible contacts in the political, business and civil society circles
- Strong communication skills in order to communicate, present, assert and speak to different stakeholders involved, must also be able to cold call prospects with confidence
- Strong research and strategic analytical skills, ability to analyse the competitive environment, understanding the sectors and the markets in which EBRD operatesWide knowledge leading North American corporates/industrial sector essential.
- Possess excellent grasp of project finance/financial acumen and commercial flair needed to understand diverse markets and, to ensure that projects are viable in accordance with Bank criterion
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Imagination to deliver solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, additional Bank operational languages advantageous
- Significant experience liaising at all levels, ability to promote the institution through personal credibility and professionalism
- Coaching, mentoring & leadership skills
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Law, Credit Analyst, Relationship Manager, Finance, Legal, Customer Service