The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) Department leads FORUM-ASIA Secretariat in programme planning, monitoring and evaluating, learning and adaptation, and reporting to stakeholders including the donors. The Department also coordinates PME standard setting and implementation, including capacity building in these areas. Reporting to the designated member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), the PME Programme Manager will oversee the above functions and coordinate day-to-day monitoring and evaluation of programme interventions of FORUM-ASIA at all levels. Specific tasks include:
1. Development of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation (PME) and Reporting Systems
· Improve the existing PME and reporting systems, and develop an action plan to further strengthen the internal M&E mechanisms;
· Design and implement an organisational information management system to capture programme effectiveness, outcomes, and impacts;
· Develop performance indicators to evaluate organisational impacts;
· Ensure gender mainstreaming in all aspects of PME programme’s work including by monitoring programmes for gender sensitive planning and implementation of activities, tracking relevant indicators and reporting results;
· Organise training workshops for staff to enhance their capacity on M&E and assist staff in institutionalising the PME system in their regular work;
· Organise routine knowledge sharing sessions for staff on learning and adaptation; and
· Assist FORUM-ASIA member organisations through capacity building on M&E, and in developing an effective PME system.
2. Assistance in Developing Strategic Action Plan and Annual Work Plans
· Collect necessary information and data and help the SMT in developing a Strategic Action Plan for the Organisation (OSAP); and
· Assist programme staff in developing Annual Work Plans in line with the OSAP, and develop a consolidated Annual Work Plan.
3. Monitoring of Programme Implementation in line with the Annual Work Plan
· Review and analyse mission proposals, mission reports, programme progress reports, including financial reports, to ensure their consistency and coherence with the Annual Work Plan and programme’s goals and targets;
· Critically assess staff mission reports and programme progress reports against relevant indicators in line with OSAP and Annual Work Plans, and draw out the results for reporting; and
· Oversight of NextCloud database (online information management system): monitor the programmes’ use of NextCloud database to archive, store and share programme related information including programme calendars.
4. Drafting of Organisational Reports, Donor Reports, and Donor Proposals
· Consolidate programme data and progress reports regularly for organisational reporting;
· Draft organisational reports based on the information compiled, as required by the SMT, the Executive Committee, and donors;
· Ensure all donor reporting obligations are fulfilled on time with quality documents and information; and
· Contribute to donor proposal development process. **
Basic Qualifications and Essential and Desirable Selection Criteria
Master’s degree or higher in the field of human rights or a related subject such as law, political and social science, international relations, development or Asian studies. Specialised training in PME is preferred.
Mature personality with ability to work in a multicultural and demanding working; environment with cross programme coordination;
Excellent leadership and programme/ project management skills;
Self-motivated, positive attitude, strategic thinking and multi-tasking ability;
Ability to work under pressure and manage competing deadlines; and
Good team player.
More than seven years’ experience of work in PME areas and issues, particularly in relation to human rights and development project/programme management with emphasis on planning, monitoring and evaluation;
Preferably a minimum of five years’ PME work experience in a regional and international NGO;
Theoretical and practical knowledge of Result-Based Management (RBM), Logical Framework Analysis (LFA), and quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools;
Experience working with and good knowledge of donors like the EU, Sida, and other US and European funding sources;
In-depth understanding of the overall socio-political situation as well as human rights situation in Asia;
Knowledge of the human rights in contexts is preferred; and
Good understanding about the work of FORUM-ASIA.
Excellent interpersonal and public presentation skills both in oral and written English. Knowledge of at least an Asian language is preferred.
Excellent communication and research skills and the ability to rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources;
Strong report writing ability using Result Based Management (RBM) and Logical Framework Analysis (LFA) tools; and
Strong technical aptitude and expertise with MS Office tools. **
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now