Partnerships Officer for Dao Ethical Gifts
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization based in Bangkok & Chiang Mai. BDF supports access to essential services for more than 1,500 vulnerable children and their families living in construction sites and slums. Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek protects endangered children, enables families to become self-sustainable and provides opportunities for a better future.
Dao Ethical Gifts* is a fundraising project featuring customizable and unique products, handmade by marginalized women with locally sourced materials, as an alternative to traditional corporate gifts. Through Dao Women’s Empowerment Program, vulnerable women are empowered through emotional support, extra income, and skill-based trainings. 100% of profits from Dao Ethical Gifts support Baan Dek Foundation's programs.
* Dao is currently in a process of applying for a Social Enterprise status, since the corresponding law had just passed early this year in Thailand.
: Dao Partnerships Officer
Type of Contract
: Full-time paid volunteer position, 1-year contract (with possibility of extension)
: Strategy & Partnerships
: Bangkok, Thailand
(with occasional work trips to Chiang Mai, Thailand)
Expected Start Date:
Responsibilities of the advertised positions:
Dao Ethical Gifts mission is to support Baan Dek Foundation’s fundraising sustainability through corporate gifts that give back.
This position will work within the Partnerships team at Baan Dek Foundation, under the direct supervision of the Strategic Partnerships Manager and Director of Strategy & Partnerships in Chiang Mai, and Dao’s Founder in Bangkok. The main responsibilities of this role will include the following:
Roles and responsibilities included - but are not restricted to:
Research & Prospecting
· Form new Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnerships: identify leading corporations with CSR or with potential to develop CSR to support Dao’s innovative approach and social impact
· Establish, maintain and grow relationships with Dao clients and potential Dao clients and partners
· Assess and report on the achieved social impact
· Research and write grants for Dao Women’s Empowerment program
· With support from the Finance Department, track income and expenditure, cash flow, balance sheet profit and loss, budget control, and propose plans for various scenarios
Marketing and Communications:
· Communicate with clients & donors from the first contact to receiving an order, delivering a quotation, sending invoices and following up to gather client feedback.
· Support the Communications team with content for communication materials and for social media in accordance with the social media strategy
· Create and develop new innovative ways to communicate about Dao products and impact to existing and potential clients
· Develop marketing campaigns to promote Dao products and impact, and work with the Communications team to see them executed
· Support the Communications team in day to day communications and marketing activities about Dao Women’s Empowerment and Dao Ethical Gifts
Technical Advisor to Dao program development
· Provide technical support to the Dao Program Manager on the development of the social business model
· Support the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), guidelines and working tools to ensure high quality social impact measurement and reporting
★ Consulting mind-set: helping partners to integrate Dao Ethical Gifts in their CSR strategy and to engage their employees/clients in a sustainable way
★ Multitasking & flexibility
★ Able to work in a multi-cultural, fast paced environment
★ Efficient organizational & project coordination skills
★ High level of communication & teamwork
★ Highly motivated to bring innovative solutions, to lead and to create a social impact
★ Excellent level of English (written & oral), MS Office, Excel
★ Basic knowledge of Squarespace or WordPress, Adobe & Photoshop considered an asset
Language: Fluent spoken and written English. Thai language considered an asset.
Qualifications: Business project management or sales experience with a particular focus on marketing or communication (or studies in a relevant field). Experience with social businesses is highly recommended.
Experience working with children (or for an organization that supports children) is considered an asset.
Strong social commitment, with a positive attitude and passion for locally-led projects.
Ability to work and live in a multi-cultural environment.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and creative, as well as flexible and independent in their work ethic.
Working hours: Full time - Monday to Friday with occasional weekend + evenings
Salary:** Starting at 25,000 THB (to be defined based on experience and qualifications)