Creative Associates seeks a Participatory Governance Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Morocco focused on inclusive socio-economic development in the Béni Mellal-Khénifra region. The Participatory Governance Advisor is responsible for the planning and implementation of activities related to improving the transparency and performance of commune-, province-, and region-level government and the productive engagement of citizens and civil society in sub-national governance.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Participatory Governance Advisor will report to the Chief of Party.
- Engagement with private sector, educational, government, and civil society actors in Béni Mellal-Khénifra contributes to more inclusive socio-economic environment;
- Sub-national government in the region more effectively fosters investment, innovation, and economic growth;
- Sub-national government in the region works with private sector, educational institutions, and other local actors to ensure greater inclusion of women, youth, and persons with disabilities in governance and economic activities;
- Citizens and civil society are more actively engaged in making decisions in their communities and carrying out their civic responsibilities.
- Provide a broad range of technical assistance to government, private sector, civil society, and other partners;
- Facilitate and support partnerships, collaboration, and collective action between a diverse group of local stakeholders;
- Lead strategic engagement with sub-national government actors;
- Support the Chief of Party in the development of the project strategic framework and work plans for program implementation to ensure the achievement of program goals;
- Provide training, capacity building, and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries;
- Document implementation successes, challenges, and lessons learned, and share them through regular program reports;
- Deliver technical presentations on program achievements to implementing partners, civil society organizations, government officials, donor, and other organizations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, law, or a relevant field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in economic development initiatives with international development programs, preferably with USAID;
- Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including private sector, civil society, and government;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, and training;
- Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs), donor, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Experience with providing technical assistance, including organizing and conducting workshop and trainings; and
- Fluency in Arabic required, proficiency in French and English preferred.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.