Purpose of the post:
The internal communication unit is facing growing demands for advice and support on internal communication and the pertinent use of the intranet. The postholder provides valuable assistance to the team and contributes to the development of communication tools.
- Contribute to articles and/or interviews for the intranet in coordination with the intranet editor-in-chief.
- Publish content on the ICRC intranet via the content management system (CMS).
- Help create multimedia content for the intranet (animated videos, video interviews, animated presentations, infographics).
- Help ensure regular publication of the human resources e-newsletter.
- Support organization of all-staff meetings and other (online) events.
- Support the head of unit in the establishment of internal communication plans for ICRC departments/projects and delegations.
- Contribute to the implementation of these communication plans in coordination with the head of unit.
Training and experience required:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in communications or in a related field.
- Experience in communication or internal communication an asset.
- Experience with online tools such as Piktochart etc.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) an asset.
- Experience in web or graphic design an asset.
Profile and skills sought:
- Fluency in written and spoken English (native an asset).
- Proficiency in French.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Well organized and diligent.
- Good team player.
- Able to work independently and autonomously when required.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Sharepoint etc.).
- Motivated to learn and to develop new skills.
- Paid traineeship
- Length of Assignment : 12 months
- Starting Date : 1st March 2018
- Location: Geneva
Interested candidates should send their application (CV and motivation letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th January 2018.
Applications should include the following elements:
- A cover letter in English
- Exact dates of availability
- One letter of reference (English or French)
- A complete CV
- Two additional references (name, function and phone number)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Please be aware that the ICRC is not in a position to cover any related travel or accommodation costs.