Job Title: IT & Website-Maintenance Intern
Units: Information Technology; Advocacy and Outreach
Reports to: IT Officer and Advocacy & Outreach Officer
Location: Brussels - Belgium
Duration: 6 months
Starting date: May 2019
Contract: 38 hours per week, 6 months under Belgian contrat d’immersion professionnelle.
Key objectives and responsibilities:
The IT & Website-Maintenance Internship at Protection International Head Office in Brussels provides opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain an insight into the work of an international non-profit organisation, while enriching their knowledge and experience in the fields of information technology and website maintenance.
The selected candidate will support PI’s IT and Advocacy and Outreach units through in-house IT and website maintenance related work:
- Give support with daily website management and maintenance work (e.g. editing, updating and uploading content).
- Assist with website restructuring work (e.g. testing and evaluating features of the current website, making new proposals).
- Liaise with external web developers and support with coordination work.
- Support external web developers concerning Drupal PHP migration, and feature implementation
- Support in deployment of computer clients, and smartphones
- Support in evaluating & deploying a universal office platform.
- Occasional administrative work when needed.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Website-programming, Information Technologies, Design (or other relevant field).
- Prior experience with supporting IT infrastructure (Windows, Linux, ) Libreoffice, MS Office, Onlyoffice).
- Interested and committed to engage with staff to help evaluate, and migrate to an open-source, and open-standard based office platform
- Very good level of English (oral and written). Good working knowledge of Spanish or French a plus/also desired
- Experience (internship or volunteer work) in a similar website-maintenance or IT post or with an NGO is a plus.
- Interest in human rights issues and motivation to learn about human rights defenders issue