1. Terms of reference
Job Title: Operations Manager
Duty station: Mosul – Iraq with frequent visit to the intervention areas
Starting date: 15/04/2019
Contract duration: 7 months
Reporting to: HoM
Supervision of: 1 Logistic officer (national),1 Logistic assistant (national), 1 Admin/Finance Officer (national), 1 centre leader (national).
2. General context of the project
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit humanitarian aid organisation that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. INTERSOS established its presence in Iraq in 2003 and currently operates across Salah Al Din (SAD), Erbil and Ninewa Governorates. Thematic sectors of intervention are Health, Protection and Education in Emergency (EiE), and its main offices are in Baghdad and Erbil, while the other 3 sub-offices are located in Tikrit, Hamam Al Alil, and Mosul. By applying an integrated approach through the deployment of mobile and semi-static emergency response teams (composed of protection, legal and medical trained staff), INTERSOS provides essential lifesaving services to women, men, girls and boys in urgent need of assistance.
3. General purpose of the position
The Operational Manager will oversee the Administrative, HR and Logistics in Mosul, ensuring smooth running of the humanitarian operations, in accordance with INTERSOS’ country plans and policies. S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee operations and partnerships. The Operational Manager will be responsible for the overall management of INTERSOS offices and guest-houses in Ninewa urban settings, in addition to the administrative and logistical management of INTERSOS centre in Telafar where a comprehensive package of services will be offered. Additionally, the Operational Manager will act as focal point for INTERSOS Ninewa in terms of security and relations with local authorities in the governorate.
4. Main responsibilities and tasks
5. Required profile and experience
· Master's degree in Finance, Business Administration, social studies, humanitarian actions or any related field;
· At least 3 years of experience in similar positions working internationally
· Prior work experience in humanitarian project management will be considered a plus
· Prior experience in working in complex emergency setting, involving internal displacement.
· Prior experience in remote management.
· Knowledge of humanitarian assistance issues;
· Knowledge of institutional donors and their guidelines
· Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
· Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage efficiently multiple priorities, deadlines and tasks with attention to details;
· Excellent team working skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
· Excellent English spoken and written language skills are mandatory. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
· Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
· Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
· Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
· Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
· Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment with heavy work pressure
· Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
· Practical and problem-solver
· Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now