1. Support to programme and project implementation for optimization of delivery
• Ensures that the Operations Team acts as an efficient and client-oriented “go-to” resource for programme and project implementation activities;
• Coordinates the provision of authoritative advisory services on procurement, human resources, programme finance and enterprise risk management, in consultation with relevant RBAP and Bureau of Management Services (BMS) staff, based in the Bangkok Regional Hub;
• Oversees resource management support that includes programme delivery management, resource allocation, and consolidated pipeline management in collaboration with country office senior management and programme teams;
• Ensures provision of high-quality advice on office financial sustainability and programme resource management, including direct project costing and revenue management;
• Oversees regular monitoring of project and programme management actions to ensure that they are performed consistently and in accordance to corporate standards;
• Puts in place and oversees processes to identify and develop solutions and act upon project-level operational and financial bottlenecks;
• Responsible for office business processes mapping and development of key SOPs; identifies opportunities for converting business processes into web-based systems to enhance efficiency and accountability;
• Oversees data analysis of programme/project implementation to support country office/programme positioning in collaboration with other relevant team leaders;
• Develops, implements and oversees processes to monitor management of partner agreements in close cooperation with relevant colleagues and to elaborate partnership frameworks and conditions of contributions within the country office’s resources mobilization efforts;
• Develops, implements and oversees processes to monitor and analyze cost-sharing contributions;
• Performs the function of HACT focal point for the country office; and puts in place and oversees processes to manage project level cash advances to IP/RPs, as well as provision of grants to CSOs/NGOs;
• Performs the function of Audit focal point and coordinates action across various audit-mandated and compliance tasks;
• Performs delegated tasks and back stopping support as and when requested by office senior management.
2. Oversees effective and accurate financial resource management, efficient procurement and ICT management and strategic human resources management
• Performs the function of Senior Manager in Atlas and works closely with the Global Shared Service Unit (GSSU) in Kuala Lumpur;
• Responsible for the country office integrated work planning and budgeting process as it relates to financial and human resources functions, including monitoring and reporting in partnership with other relevant teams in the country office;
• Responsible for the Direct Project Costing and cost-recovery systems for the services provided to projects and other UN Agencies, including accurate forecasting, planning and reporting of extra-budgetary income;
• Oversees proper contribution and fund management to ensure that the money due to UNDP is properly identified, consistently and uniformly classified, recorded on a timely basis and received with sufficient supporting documentation;
• Oversees country office cash management processes; timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions, security for cash assets on site, in coordination with the GSSU;
• Oversees country office compliance with corporate rules and regulations in the field and establishment and management of the CO procurement and contract management strategies;
• Oversees management of UNDP assets, facilities and logistical services;
• Oversees country office compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies; supports senior management in ensuring optimal staffing of the office and projects;
• Oversees support to recruitment processes and performance management systems, ensuring link of job design with recruitment, performance management and career development;
• Facilitates knowledge building and management, documentation of lessons learned and good practices, and innovation and knowledge transfer in the country office, region and globally;
• Leads processes to facilitate and promote staff learning and engagement;
• Identification of opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency and full accountability;
• Maintenance of a secure, reliable infrastructure environment for ICT and adequate planning for disasters and recoveries;
• Identification and promotion of different systems and applications for optimal content management, knowledge sharing, information provision and learning including e-registry, web-based office management system, etc.;
• Responsible for business continuity actions, including adequately planning for disasters and recovery.
3. Efficient provision of UN common services, back-office support, security and transactional services to clients
• Plays a leadership role in the UN inter-agency Operations Management Team (OMT);
• Oversees efficient provision of client-oriented transactional services in human resources, procurement, finance and administration to UN agencies and the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office;
• Elaborates strategic approaches to implementation of common services in line with the UN Development System reform, the latest developments in common services and relevant best practices;
• Acts as UNDP lead on common services, and is responsible for coordinated action to ensure integrated activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform;
• Leads and supports inter-agency efforts towards or management of common premises, as relevant;
• Ensures the implementation of appropriate cost recovery measures for the provision of common services and other support to UN entities, as relevant; oversees common services budget and monitors Agencies’ contributions to the common services account, as relevant;
• Serves as Country Security Focal Point for UNDP and supports office management in ensuring the safety and security of the staff and premises in coordination with UNDSS and UN partners;
• Efficient implementation of and compliance with UNDP MOSS/security policy and oversight on the security, deployment and management of UNDP's assets.
• Responsible for efficient implementation of security measures mandated in the overall Security Plan and/or agreed in the Security Management Team.
4. Team Building and Management
• Facilitates day-to-day functioning of the country office’s Operations Team, and any other teams reporting to him/her as relevant. Manages human and financial resources for achieving results;
• Guides and ensures effective recruitment, performance management and staff learning to motivate and promote organizational excellence in his/her teams.
• Completion of Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field is required;
• Professional Certifications in Finance, Procurement and Human Resources are added advantages.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in operations functions, preferably in a UNDP country office or regional or HQ location;
• Demonstrated ability in people management and working with diverse teams in developing countries;
• Managerial experience in programme finance; human resources; procurement and operations;
• Proven ability to deliver under pressure and in short timeframes;
• Excellent knowledge of ERP platforms (such as PeopleSoft) is desirable;
• Demonstrated knowledge of UNDP programme and project management policies and procedures is desirable;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension