The USAID-funded Inclusive Peace and Political Transition Processes (PPTP) Strengthened opportunity is a community-based effort focused on four key technical areas: 1) Supporting transitional political processes; 2) Ensuring peace and political processes are maximally inclusive; 3) Supporting reconciliation and reintegration; and 4) Identifying, mitigating, and addressing conflict drivers to better support peace and transitions.
Creative Associates seeks an Operations Manager for a donor-funded project in Yemen. S/he will responsible for the management of human resources, local procurement and information technology of the program in the fluid and complex operational environment of Yemen.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting directly to the Chief of Party (COP), the Operations Manager will support the COP in the management of program operations and provide technical leadership and oversight, as needed. S/he will directly supervise the Procurement team, the Office Manager, the IT department, travel/logistics staff, and the HR and administration team. S/he will additionally serve as primary liaison for international vendors.
- Ensure streamlined operations systems in line with Creative and donor rules and regulations;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of programs;
- Ensure an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Yemen;
- Streamline and maintain procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serve as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serve as primary liaison for Creative HQ on international subcontractor issues;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel and logistics for staff and project equipment and inventory;
- Provide timely and accurate reports on location of staff and assets and maintain proper hard and soft copy files for each. Reports may be requested by HQ or donor;
- Responsible for program compliance with Task Order, USG rules and regulations, and Creative policies and procedures;
- Support COP in all operations tasks and duties;
- Manage, train, and mentor key Yemen team members in the areas of administration, logistics, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance; and
- Respond to requests from donor and supervisors as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international non-governmental organization managing an office or program;
- At least four (4) years of experience supervising complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Familiarity with or have experience in community participation-type projects as well as those that are political in focus;
- Experience working in Yemen;
- Experience with operations, logistics and subcontracts in an insecure environment;
- Knowledge of basic operating procedures in high-risk environments;
- Experience in conflict, post-conflict, or transitional state environments;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical capacity;
- Previous experience working with USAID desired; and
- Fluency in Arabic and English highly desired.
Local and regional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.