- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance
- Coordination of travel arrangements. Performing a Buyer role in Atlas for preparation of POs for travel and other administrative expenses.
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats
- Coordination of DSA, travel agencies, and other administrative surveys, surveys for organization of common services.
- Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
- Supervision of cleaning services.
- Coordination of transportation services, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items; update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Coordination of assets management in the CO, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports.
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies
- Maintenance of administrative control records such as commitments and expenditures.
- Confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor; creation of vendor set-up information in Atlas;
- Maintenance of data integrity in the database, control programme; analysis of results and initiation of corrective actions when necessary.
- Coordination of services cost-recovery arrangements.
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities.
- Provision of the information for the audit.
- Coordination with CO in relation to office space management.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Training of staff on the administrative procedures
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position.
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks.
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments.
- Uses information/databases/other management systems.
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches.
- Responds positively to new approaches.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
- Excellent writing, communication and organization skills.
- Able to demonstrate high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively.
- Creating synergies through self-control.
- Managing conflict.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Management, Accounting or Finance.
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Six (6) years progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level or,
- Candidates having Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and three years of relevant work experience.
- Specialized training in office management and administration is highly desirable.
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is desirable.
- Experience with ATLAS and UNDP Procurement Processes is desired, but not a requirement.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English. Excellent writing, verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Mandarin, would be an advantage.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension