- Provision of advice and information on corporate strategies, changes in rules and regulations, implementation of personnel rules, strategic use of contractual modalities, application of entitlements, change management processes;
- Organization of recruitment processes including drafting job description, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, screening of candidates, participation in interview panels. Provision of advice on recruitment in UNDP projects;
- Setting up vendor, performing the functions of Admin.HR and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of SC contracts) and recurring vouchers in Atlas. Timely follow up with Finance staff on Global payroll issues;
- Monitoring and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table for the HR Officer’s clearance.
- Preparation of submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (LAPB);
- Administration of delegated International staff entitlements and position funding delegated to COs;
- Administration of the CO rosters including e-rosters;
- Validation of cost-recovery charges in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Support collection of information and preparation of reports for comprehensive and interim local salary, hardship and place-to-place surveys. Participation in the work of LSSC.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations;
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. Buyers profile in Atlas;
- Support submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP);
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Presentation of researched information on procurement in the CO;
- Support cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Support joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Maintenance of common services to ensure integrated activities on common services and implementation of the UN reform;
- Proper planning and tracking of common services budget and of Agencies contributions to the common services account;
- Submission of information on administrative services provided for cost recovery;
- Coordination and supervision of support staff engaged in common services and maintenance of premises;
- Support with organising shipments and customs clearance, travel, events management, administrative surveys, transportation services and insurance, space management, procurement of supplies.
- Organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements;
- Support timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on HR & procurement issues;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR & procurement;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Complete the UNDP mandatory learning courses within six months of employment, and pursue completion of self learning and development plan.
6. Performance of any other duties as required by the supervisor:
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives.
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work;
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments.
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system;
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components;
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems.
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Responds to client needs promptly.
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems;
- Prepares timely inputs to reports.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Successful completion of Secondary Education with specialized training in HR & procurement;
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Secondray education with 6 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level;
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of automated procurement systems, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and Samoan both written and verbal.
- This vacancy is open to Samoan nationals only;
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: Initial 12 months