- Provide professional expertise and technical support to the Country Representative on operational issues;
- Draft the annual workplan for the Operations Team and oversee its implementation and monitoring;
- Participate in review meetings and provide technical support to the assessment of the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team;
- Guide and implement business process mapping and the establishment of internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions;
- Implement corporate, budget, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems and identify training for staff and project personnel on these issues;
- Ensure a continuous flow of information between the Country Office and Regional Office/HQ;
- Oversee all operations activities, including finance, human resources, procurement, transport, IT, security, administration and ensure they follow UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Supervisor operations staff: Finalize performance plans and evaluation standards; conduct performance assessments, provide feedback and coaching.
- Provide professional expertise and technical support to the management of office and programme financial resources;
- Exercise proper financial controls;
- Report locally and to HQ in a timely manner on established structures; seek advice from RO when deviations may be necessary;
- Review and take corrective action as appropriate on audit findings;
- Perform Manager Level 2 role in ATLAS for voucher and PO approvals.
- Coordinate recruitment processes and contract management; liaise with the HQ and service providers as necessary.
- Oversee contracts; advise on appropriate contract modalities in consultation with the HR Business Partner for the region.
- Manage the provision of goods and services for the CO and projects following established corporate procedures regarding sub-contract review and awarding of contracts, evaluate for cost effectiveness and manage the negotiations in connection with eventual agreements;
- Provide professional recommendations to the preparation of procurement plans;
- Ensure proper inventory control of assets and liabilities.
- Oversee the implementation of ICT systems;
- Make professional recommendations and introduce new ICT systems which affect the productivity of the overall office staff performance.
- Brief supervisor and staff on security matters and disseminate relevant information as advised by UNDSS, brief UN Women visitors on security;
- Ensure full compliance with MOSS and MORSS procedures on security of staff and office premises;
- Provide professional recommendations to the Business Continuity Plan for the Country Office as necessary;
- Liaise with HQ-based Security Advisor or his/her designated staff member on all security matters.
- Participate in inter-agency meetings and working groups to ensure UN Women’s interests are reflected in common system activities related to common services and premises, cost recovery and cost sharing arrangements, privileges and immunities, entitlements and salary surveys, security etc;
- Liaise with UNDP and other UN agencies on operational issues, activities, and collaboration.
- Ensure knowledge is shared and adequately applied between the Country Office and other COs/MCOs in the region.
- All services are provided in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations and policies;
- Finances are properly identified and in a timely manner;
- Timely and accurate implementation of HR and procurement contracts;
- Office has a reliable ICT infrastructure environment;
- Safety and security systems are functioning effectively.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of operation, finance, procurement, human resources, ICT, and security systems and processes, particularly in the UN system is an asset;
- Ability to provide advice and support and develop solutions to varying problems;
- Ability to contribute to the formulation and monitoring of management projects;
- Ability to handle confidential information;
- Ability to lead a team;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Negotiating skills;
- Good IT skills.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, HR, or related field is required.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or finance;
- Experience leading a team;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is an asset;
- Professional background in programming/ projects management is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Russian is required;
- Knowledge of Kazakh is an asset;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension