Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 12 months
ABOUT THE MISSION
SI opened its mission in Nigeria in August 2016, establishing its coordination in Maiduguri. With the support of the Emergency DESK, SI mission was able to quickly acquire operational capacity, which was first deployed in Borno State, for implementation of WASH and Food Security Programming. Over the course of 2017-2018, SI expanded the geographical scope of its intervention, and established presence in Monguno, Ngala and Dikwa. The current political and military crisis has affected millions of lives in Nigeria and SI is addressing the needs of displaced populations and host communities in Borno State with a specific expertise in WASH, Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Shelter and response to AWD/Cholera outbreaks.
For the year 2020; the mission has a forecasted budget of more than 9M €. The mission operates from Abuja and Maiduguri, where the coordination is based, and from 4 operational field bases located in Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala and Dikwa. The mission is composed of about 20 expatriates and 200 national staffs and is currently funded by Europaid, ECHO, OFDA, CDC and the UN (NHF, WFP).
ABOUT THE JOB
The Finance Coordinator will direct and coordinate all administrative, accounting and financial services associated with the mission.
As coordinator, he/she is responsible for guaranteeing the financial balance of the mission and for ensuring that all Solidarités International procedures, donor procedures and all laws of the country in which Solidarités International is intervening are respected.
He/she is the point of reference for the mission, and the link between headquarters and the mission for all matters relating to management, accounting and budget monitoring.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Analysis of the socio-economic context
- Team management
- Financial, accounting and budgetary management
- Administrative management of the mission
- Cash management
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Country Director
Line report(s) on base: Deputy Finance Coordinator, Regional Admin Manager
Functional manager: Desk Administrative Officer
Functional report(s): entire mission (excluding HoM) for financial matters
Specific Stake and Challenges:
- Structuration of the Finance Department
- Training of national managers on bases
- Opening of a new base will be a challenge
- Program forecasts are hard to manage
- Important reporting timelines
- Follow up of partnership/consortium (several with INGO)
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in, Business or Public Administration or Accounting or related field
- Previous experiences as Finance coordinator with significant financial volume and multiplicity of donor’s contracts
- Proven experience in team management, team structuring
- Proven experience in training & capacity building
- Knowledge in Administrative and Financial management;
- Knowledge in Audit management;
- Knowledge of DFID / ECHO / BPRM / OFDA-USAID, UN agencies & other donors assistance policies, guidelines and financial reporting requirements
- Prioritization and self-organization
- Ability to multitask and delegation
- Full working proficiency in English (read, spoken & written)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of other Office suite
- Accounting software: Saga experience preferred and recommended
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post: according to experience from 2640 euros gross per month (2400 base salary + 10% annual leave).
Per Diem: 600 USD / month.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
The Finance Coordinator will be based in Maiduguri. He/she is living in a single bedroom with bathroom, into the Guest House, equipped with all basic amenities. The number of expatriates living in the base is quite high and various in terms of nationality: this is a treasure but also requires adaptability and open-minded.
The Finance Coordinator has to respect the security measures in place, like curfew time and SI restrictions/rules. The environment is highly volatile, so the coordinator has to adapt him/herself to sudden changes.