The specific emphasis and details of your position will depend on the objectives of the local partner. However, your main responsibilities are likely to include:
Transferring your skills and knowledge particularly to paediatric and neonatal department staff and generally to overall hospital staff. The knowledge and skill acquired is expected to improve the quality of services and the competence of paediatric and neonatal department staffs.
Strengthen NICU in the hospitals (where applicable) and play a key role in strengthening systems to enable the hospital and concerned department to provide quality care consistently.
Building the capacity of health workers, clinical leads and Village Health Team members in essential and emergency maternal obstetrics care through training of trainers, trainings and on the job coaching, mentoring and support supervision.
Support strengthening functioning of maternity and labour wards.
Possible locations in Africa and Asia: Ethiopia, Uganda and more to come.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Professional skills/ competencies:
- Registered Neonatal nurse
- Experience as a neonatal/Paediatric Nurse in hospital setting at least for Five years
- Experience in mentoring/training of nurses, students at a paediatric Department of any Hospital/in a clinic
- Experience of working in neonatal intensive care unit
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Additional specialization in areas like neonatal care
- Basic computer skill
- Experience in mentoring and teaching/Bedside teaching