World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position Location: Time will be split between Herat and Kabul.
As National Director – Afghanistan, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership and Senior Management oversight of the design, implementation and funding of World Vision Afghanistan
- Lead the Senior Leadership Team, ensuring that the strategy is meeting desired goals and objectives and that the Afghanistan office is appropriately structured, financially viable & appropriately resourced and compliant with WV policies.
- Represent World Vision and the National Office externally as deemed appropriate including with host government representatives, donors, SOs, partners and other WV Partnership offices
- Lead and be accountable for business planning, annual budgeting and acquisition of funding to implement the strategy (includes ensuring proper cost recovery in all grants and other funding streams).
- University degree or qualification in a relevant subject with a focus on team management, project management or other relevant skills.
- 5+ years proven Senior Leadership experience with International NGOs in emergency relief, rehabilitation and transition programming.
- Proven track record of leading multi-cultural teams in complex, culturally and politically-sensitive contexts.
- Proven track record of grant acquisition and management, and growing and managing multi-million dollar budgets.
- Knowledge of UN humanitarian architecture and donor community.
- Politically astute and well-developed diplomatic skills (dealing with host governments, donors and staff).
- Extensive experience in programme management and implementation of multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- The role of ND Afghanistan requires the ability to work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary environment where internal and external political and military tensions and conflicts are ongoing. A firm understanding of the complex security environments is essential. Also ability to work and lead a multinational / Multicultural team in restricted Muslim context is essential.