- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Management of OCHA Ukraine financial resources;
- Management of office’s human resources and administrative requirements;
- Management of office property and supplies;
- Improving of office capacity in times of emergency;
- Ensuring harmonized inter-agency collaboration.
- Advise and assist the Head of Office in the preparation and coordination of financial activities; assuring the conformity of financial operations; verify and monitor the budget and oversee all financial transactions;
- Participate in the preparation and co-ordination of work and cost planning documents. Control budgetary implementation ensuring expenditure is in accordance with approved work plans; prepare, computerize and follow-up allotment requests, allotment transfers and work-plan amendments. Prepare cost plan revisions as required;
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets; regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation;
- Prepare quarterly requests for funds (financial authorizations) in line with approved cost plans. Monitor expenditures against financial authorizations;
- Coordinate the production of financial reports for headquarters and donor reporting;
- Preparation and processing of all payments;
- Manage petty cash, maintaining accurate and complete records and receipts and ensuring that replenishment is done in a timely manner. Submit expenditure report for replenishment;
- Prepare payroll for national staff and follow up on monthly payment orders for international staff, liaising with UNDP to ensure timely payments;
- Reconcile inter-office vouchers (IOVs) with UNDP information to confirm accuracy of accounts; correct financial entry as required; ensure UNDP IOVs provide adequate information to allow for reconciliation with OCHA’s accounting system;
- Submit monthly reports of field expenditures.
- Represent OCHA at meetings on administrative issues such national salary scales, common services, premises, etc;
- Liaise with OCHA ASB on financial, human resources and procurement procedures;
- In collaboration with the Department of Safety and Security (DSS) and the Head of Office assist in ensuring Minimum Operation Security Standards (MOSS) compliance for vehicle, office and residential compliance;
- Support procurement of goods through UNDP or Headquarters as indicated, ensuring appropriate processes are followed;
- Verify receipt of goods and services, ensuring specification, condition and quantities of goods are correct and paperwork is complete and properly filed;
- Organization and coordination of shipments and customs clearance;
- Ensure adequate office supplies. Maintain a system for allocation and tracking;
- Ensure offices are well served by appropriate IT and common services;
- Support with protocol matters, registration and accreditation of staff;
- Supervision of cleaning services;
- Verify travel claims submitted for settlement and track outstanding payments;
- Coordinate the recruitment of national staff in collaboration with UNDP;
- Advise on administrative requirement of performance appraisal system; maintain system to track compliance.
- Maintain confidential personnel files, ensuring that information is complete and updated;
- Ensure separating staff have completed in-country formalities prior to departure;
- Ensure that staff time and attendance is properly maintained, verified and submitted in a timely manner to UNDP for national staff and to OCHA ASB for international staff.
- Coordination of assets management, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, ensuring that all OCHA property is properly labeled, assigned and tracked. Perform a physical inventory twice a year and inform the Head of Office and OCHA ASB of any discrepancies. Advise on disposal of obsolete or damaged good in line with OCHA / UNDP regulations;
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies;
- Maintain a recovery system for private use of OCHA assets, in particular phone and vehicle usage.
- Effective organization of regular and ad-hoc meetings;
- Supervise and / or prepare travel authorizations, ensuring appropriate justification, costing and approvals;
- Effective management of the office filing system;
- Effective management of transportation needs, including vehicle maintenance and insurance, checking and certifying of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report, prompt reporting and investigation of cases of vehicle accidents, damage, loss or theft of items.
- Provision of emergency administrative and financial support to facilitate emergency deployments of office international and national staff in-country or to any location in the world where OCHA is required to field staff for emergency coordination purposes;
- Provision of administrative and financial support to UNDAC teams and/or OCHA surge capacity missions deployed in-country.
- Active participation in Operations Management Team (OMT), when needed, to ensure smooth implementation of joint inter-agency activities and business practices;
- Provision of inputs to ensure smooth running of common premises and services.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of OCHA;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to provide analytical inputs to strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to make the analysis of requirements and parameters provided in support of financial processes in the office;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets, contributions and investments, and transactions; conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost recovery;
- Good knowledge of accounting;
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Science, Economics or related field (or) A combination of relevant academic background (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and 2 years of extensive relevant professional experience in related area.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing administrative management services and/or managing staff and operational systems;
- Good knowledge on Administration/Operations is required.
- Knowledge of OCHA and UNDP rules and procedures will be an asset;
- Proven qualities in areas related to administration;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Word, Excel/Spread sheets, the internet/Web) and working knowledge on Accounting/Finance computer applications software.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension