General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To lead monitoring and evaluation activities in North of Aleppo area by leading 5 team members
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the team completes the activities allocated by the MEL field coordinator in the weekly plan
- Ensure daily management of the work and performance of the team; lead team meetings when required; identify capacity building needs of the team members, provide on-the-job training as needed, as well as support capacity building initiatives through developing presentations and/or delivering training
- Carry out regular monitoring activities at field level for GOAL programmes, including distribution and post distribution monitoring, using variety of data collection tools and methods, such as: household surveys; focus group discussions with community members; key informant interviews; and observation check-lists
- Collect/enter data using smartphones (tablets) for GOAL’s programme information management system, ensure data is accurate and it is collected and uploaded on time
- Participate in data collection for assessment to inform the design of new programmes and promote community participation in this process
- Actively engage with the community and promote the participation of all community members (men, women and children) in needs assessment, programme design, monitoring and evaluation
- Support evaluation through organizing field visits and participating as a team member if required
- Receive complaints and feedback from community members and ensure these are registered in complaints and feedback system in line with relevant GOAL procedures
- Any other task requested by line manager
- University degree (social sciences, economics, information management, or any other degree with relevant experience)
- Experience of working in Syria and in the areas in which GOAL is working
- 1-2 years’ work experience
- Leadership and team building skills; ability to organise and manage work of the team in the field, ensuring quality performance; preferably experience in people and task management and in capacity building through formal and/or on-the-job training
- Detail oriented and strong clerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, ability to interact well with people of all backgrounds, excellent relationships building skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel), comfortable with electronic devices for data collection/entry (mobile phones, tablets)
- Good communication skills (written and spoken), good writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively to the field (up to 80%), sometimes under difficult and insecure circumstances.
Application deadline is 31 December 2019.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.