- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism
- Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills, coupled with the ability to think strategically and to rapidly analyse and recommend corrective steps to either fill the gaps or dovetail the processes to achieve the set objectives
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Actively learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others. (Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member)
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Proven networking, organizational and communication skills and be an effective team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A self-starter with capacity to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Willingness to undertake frequent visits outside of duty station
- Ability to use both qualitative and qualitative data/information collection tools in innovative ways
- Substantive knowledge of and experience in at least one of the core thematic areas of the Project; i.e. disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, climate resilient agriculture, drinking water supply, water resource management, community development and/or gender empowerment
- Ability to work with the community, local civil society organizations and government agencies
- Ability to identify monitoring and evaluation related risks and opportunities and provide timely feedback to rectify/fill the gaps
- Ability to mainstream gender dimensions into the project implementation.
- Secondary education (G.C.E. Advanced level) with 7 years of experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, agriculture, social sciences and /or relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience with Secondary Education or minimum of 2 years of of progressively responsible finance and administration experience with Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Proven experience with the logical framework approach and other strategic planning approaches
- Planning and implementation of results-based M&E systems, quantitative and qualitative M&E methods and approaches, usage of M&E tools, information analysis and report writing
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, including MS Office, database packages, etc. Experience with web-based data management systems, GIS and SPSS is desirable
- Prior working experience in UN or International organizations is an added advantage.
- Experience in dealing with a diverse range of partners would be an advantage.
- Strong diplomatic skills in handling counterpart relations.
- Fluency in English and Tamil and/or Sinhala with excellent written and oral communication skills is essential
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One Year