The UNDP Young Professional Programme (YPP) is designed for highly qualified and motivated young Namibian professionals recently graduated from Masters programmes or in some cases, from Bachelor’s Honours Degree programmes. The programme provides an opportunity to start a development career through "on the job' professional development that can be based on learning from UNDP’s programmes, policies and operations. Training and learning will be part of the day to day activities under the UNDP Young Professional Programme.
The YP will support implementation of UNDP planning, monitoring, evaluation policies and project quality standards, including:
- Assists in managing scheduled project and outcome evaluations in line with UNDP policies and procedures.
- Reviews project progress reports to ensure that they meet UNDP quality expectations.
- Conducts analytical work on aspects of project planning as requested.
- Coordinates and follow up on various office wide initiatives in line with corporate planning initiatives and calendar.
- Follows up on implementation on Project Quality Assurance and evaluation recommendations management actions.
- Reviews the quality of Project Quality Assurance assessment exercises and draw lessons.
- Documents lessons and best practice on project monitoring systems and activities.
- Manages UNDP programme and project indicator tracking system.
- Monitors CO compliance with planning monitoring requirements in the corporate planning system.
- Updates calendar of M&E and reporting events.
- Assists in compiling a GPS map for UNDP interventions.
- Reviews UNDP AMP data to ensure adequate quality.
- Excellent Analytical and Diagnostic skills
- Solution-orientated and Ability to work well in teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English
- Creativity and innovative approach to work
- Strong multicultural skills
- Commitment to the values of the United Nations
- Knowledge of computer systems and word packages
A masters’ degree or Bachelor Honours Degree in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or any similar social science degree.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year contract with possibility of extension