Malteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
Malteser International has been operational in Myanmar since 2001 and is currently active in Rakhine state, Shan state and Kayin state and maintains a country office in Yangon. With more than 300 national staff and several partner organizations, the program targets most vulnerable population and focuses on control of communicable diseases, providing comprehensive primary health care services, improving access to safe water and sanitation facilities as well as enhancing disaster risk reduction capacities and provision of relief assistance after disasters.
In support of our work in Myanmar, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator (m/f/d) - National Position.
The purpose of the position is to build the capacity of Malteser International and its partners to ensure high quality programming in Myanmar. The MEAL coordinator reports directly to the Country Coordinator in Myanmar and the Country Group Manager in Germany.
- Update and supervise the implementation of an effective and coordinated MEAL framework and system of the Myanmar Country Program in line with Malteser International Standards
- Develop capacity of staff and partners on the MEAL framework, data management, and data analysis and results‐oriented programming, monitoring and evaluation methods and principles
- Provide methodological support to all program teams and partner organizations and ensures the quality and relevance of monitoring and evaluation activities and will lead on building capacity of Malteser International staff and partner organizations on accountability and learning
- Ensure that the implementation of project activities are in accordance with international standards and that cross-cutting issues are mainstreamed across all programs
- Capture lessons learnt and share this information in various capacities to improve current and future programming
- Ensure that the program has evidence-based knowledge and data to inform the direction of the program from assessment to regular monitoring tools and capture quality and impact of interventions
- Relevant university degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) frameworks and systems
- Strong technical competence in research, learning, monitoring and evaluation methods, theory and practice as well as in core mainstreaming topics
- Strong conceptual, analytical and facilitation skills
- Experience in working in multi-sectoral programs and understanding of a broad range of program quality issues and the practical issues faced by program managers in demonstrating impact
- Good knowledge of latest sector thinking, codes, standards and practice
- Strong operational management ability with a clear focus on results delivery
- Evidence of leadership of impact assessment processes within an INGO
- Familiar in using innovative approaches and ability to lead thinking on technology choices and approaches
- demonstrable experience of developing and delivering successful training and coaching teams
- Good understanding of the Myanmar Context
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); proficiency in using standard software packages
- Strong team oriented approach with excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively motivate people and respectful towards other cultures and religions
- Start Date: as soon as possible, latest September 2019
- Duty Station: Yangon with frequent travel to program locations
- Duration of contract: 12 months (extendable)
- Salary according to qualification and experience: 14th Month Salary & Health Insurance
- Kindly note that this is a national position