MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL) COORDINATOR
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
The MEAL Team is a dynamic team working on Oxfam’s Rohingya Refugee Crisis Response in Bangladesh in coordination with other Programme and Support teams for improved Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) for the current Humanitarian Response in Cox’s Bazar
To ensure the development and implementation of an effective and coordinated MEAL framework and system in Oxfam’s Humanitarian Response in Cox’s Bazar that is in accordance with Oxfam standards.
The MEAL Coordinator will build the capacity of technical and support teams, in addition to partners, and provide specialist advice and support to strengthen respective MEAL mechanisms and contribute effectively to the Oxfam Bangladesh overall MEAL objectives. This includes strengthening accountability mechanisms both at partners and Oxfam levels.
What we are looking for:
· We are looking confident and motivated self-starter with proven international experience and exposure to a wide range of humanitarian assistance and knowledge of INGO humanitarian operations.
· Strong technical understanding of a range of rigorous research and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) methods – a familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative approaches
· At least five years’ experience of work in humanitarian and/or development context programs
· Ability to work effectively with others to achieve results, with strong advisory / facilitation skills and experience in training and coaching teams and individuals – especially in MEAL.
· Well-developed conceptual, critical, analytical thinking and planning skills
· Good understanding of and commitment to putting gender equality at the heart of development and humanitarian work
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
· Ability to work under pressure in fragile environments, ability to prioritize and Good knowledge and strong demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, including participatory approaches
· Strong commitment to the aims and objectives of Oxfam, including strong commitment to gender equality and social justice
· Experience in developing capacities of staff and partners to undertake monitoring, evaluation and learning activities – including meet both reporting and learning needs.
· Results-focused with ability to manage own workload proactively, with own initiative.
· Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel in the country
· Strong written and oral communication skills and fluency in fluency in English
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam GB, to act as key contributor to Rohingya refugee response programme, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their Humanitarian fields, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.