MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING (MEAL) OFFICER (ANTICIPATED HIRING)
2-Year Marawi Response Project
Save the Children is seeking to complete a Marawi Response Project Team at all levels: Leader, Officer/ Coordinator and Assistant positions for an anticipated 2-year grant-funded project in Marawi, Lanao del Sur, Mindanao.
The project will advance durable solutions for those displaced by the Marawi crisis in these main areas:
* Supporting local economic recovery and development; and,
* Strengthening social cohesion.
This will involve collaboration with national, regional and local government offices including the Task Force Bangon Marawi and member agencies such as the Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of labor and Employment, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Department of Trade and Industry, Mindanao Development Authority, Office of the Civil Defense, Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process, Regional Government of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Provincial Government of Lanao del Sur, city government of Marawi and other local government units, etc. and other critical partners
* Responsible for ensuring that the MEAL approach is set up and implemented and that the project offices -•has evidence-based knowledge on the positive and negative impact that our interventions are having over the communities where SCP works •receives regular, timely and context-specific, "MEAL"ningul feedback from staff, partners, program participants and that feedback effectively informs and signals areas where strategic attention is required
* Set up and implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system that will enable the project office and partners ensure effective monitoring of effectiveness, appropriateness and, lessons and documentation, communication of ongoing and future implementation.
* Work with the project staff to support in achieving outcome/impact focused projects and accountability to beneficiaries in line with Save the Children's and donor's policies and practices.
* Provide technical support to project staff and partners in the periodic planning and reporting processes. Assist the Team Leader in building capacities of staff and partners for accountability and participation, with specific focus on children
Qualifications and Experience
* College degree in social sciences, education, demography, statistics or related field; advanced courses or master’s degree preferred
* 5 years' experience in monitoring and evaluation, research or impact assessment projects, ideally within a social development context; Experience in international development / humanitarian work based in the field an advantage; Demonstrated experience in developing and overseeing monitoring and evaluation of complex programs, strongly preferred
* Functional knowledge of statistics and data processing; experience collecting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
* Good analytical and conceptualization skills and ability to think strategically
Good writing skills; able to write technical reports, situation reports; Good facilitation and presentation skills Contract Length: Fixed-Term Position for two (2) years based in Marawi Lanao del Sur, Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
To expedite receipt and processing of the various applications please email as follows:
* Email to:
* Use Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – POSITION TITLE – Last name, First name)
Sample Subject Title: “2 Year Marawi – EDUCATION COORDINATOR – dela Cruz, Anna
Note, in the event of being short-listed, the applicant candidate shall be required to submit a donor-specific bio-data form that will require specific data of among others:
* Current residential address, telephone number, email address
* Date of birth, citizenship
* Education – indicating university, degrees obtained and dates; specialist education
* Membership in professional associations
* Other trainings
* Countries of work; languages spoken (including local dialects)
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now