About the Governance & Stability team
The Governance Practice is a dynamic, flexible and rapidly growing team. We cover a range of technical areas including governance and anti-corruption, stability (CVE, security sector reform) and public financial management We work in a range of FCAS and more economically advanced countries including Somalia, Uganda, Ghana and Pakistan among others.
About the role
The Governance and Stability Practice is seeking an exceptional Manager to support high quality management of projects and governance opportunities. The Manager will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Research business development opportunities.
- Take on ad hoc, discrete and accountable junior roles in technical and commercial proposals and be an effective member of bid teams.
- Progressively managing a small proposal process, or a component of a larger proposal.
- Support the successful management of projects to terms of reference, time, quality, cost and donor and Government satisfaction.
- Build strong working relationships with project associates, ensuring they feel part of the ASI ‘family’ and also that they are risk/issue aware and report these immediately
- Ensure associates’ job satisfaction, and that they feel valued and respected (where appropriate)
- Contribute to the growth and development of the Governance Practice and to Adam Smith International
- Always remain aware of and demonstrate ASI’s values
Adam Smith International seeks the following skills and experience:
- A postgraduate degree in economics, political science, international development, business management, or other relevant field from an internationally recognised university;
- A couple of years’ professional experience, ideally with overseas experience
- Excellent numerical ability with a focus on financial awareness and ability
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, planning and organisation skills, results-focus and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and willingness to travel
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Outstanding English written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and team management skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- ou must be eligible to work in the UK.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our values.
We’ve built a culture to reflect our values, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We have a headquarters overlooking the Thames in a central London location*.*