- Type of contract:
- Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent contract after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs
- Who can apply:
- C band and benefits
- Working time:
- Place of work:
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Closing date for applications:
- Monday, 28 January 2019
You will be part of one of the divisions within the Directorate General Microprudential Supervision II, which in charge of conducting day-to-day supervision of individual banking groups and credit institutions. The division has around 35 staff members.
You will work for the team supporting the Head of Division and the rest of the management team, with tasks including coordination with higher management levels, the other divisions in the Directorate General and the rest of the ECB, as well the provision of logistical support for their international and European commitments.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from male candidates.
As a Management Assistant you will:
- provide administrative and secretarial support to management;
- organise meetings/conferences and manage business travel arrangements;
- manage the flow of information, handle internal and external emails and telephone calls, manage calendars and maintain stocks of office supplies;
- support the Division’s financial/budgetary processes and contribute to budget planning;
- assist with HR-related processes (e.g. recruitment, newcomer inductions and team training);
- administer the Division’s document management workspace and IT requests.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- vocational secretarial training or equivalent (for details on degree equivalences, read more)
- proven experience in providing administrative or secretarial support to managers and their business units by managing calendars and information, drafting correspondence, arranging business travel, processing invoices, monitoring budgets and processing formal documentation;
- experience in the organisation of events, conferences and high-level meetings;
- experience in dealing with sensitive information in a discreet manner and respecting confidentiality;
- proficiency with document management systems and enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP (financial and HR modules);
- proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- experience working in the public sector in an international or European environment;
- experience providing support to recruitment processes.
You are recognised as someone who supports others proactively. You work constantly to improve your own output and you learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. Your strong capacity for analytical thinking enables you to work with incomplete information and you deliver in line with stakeholder needs.
For additional information on this specific vacancy, you can speak to the hiring manager, Isabel von Koeppen-Mertes, on +49 (0)69 1344 7357 on Wednesday, 16 January between 15:00 and 16:00 and on Monday, 21 January between 14:00 and 15:00.
The recruitment process for this position may include a remote interview at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise and on-site interviews, possibly in the second half of February.
Application and selection process
For further information on how to join us, read more.