Do you want to be a part of our Nigeria programme? We are looking for a new Logistics Manager in our Maiduguri office.
Since 2009, violent attacks on civilians by the armed group Boko Haram have left widespread devastation in northeast Nigeria. At least 17,000 people have been killed and approximately two million people are displaced within Nigeria. More than 14 million people in northeast Nigeria today are affected by the crisis caused by Boko Haram. Out of these, seven million people are in need of humanitarian assistance. Around 92 per cent of displaced people reside in either informal settlements or with low-income host communities, creating a strain on already limited resources. The remaining 8 per cent live in more formalised camps. NRC has been in Nigeria since 2015.
The purpose of the Logistics Manager is to be responsible that the logistic set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
The Logistics Manager reports to the Head of Support.
- Manage logistics team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed,
- Ensure the recruitment, training, and capacity building of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities to staff
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Ensure that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and donor requirements
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Develop monitoring tools for the implementation of NRC Nigeria’s logistics systems and procedures
- Ensure anti-corruption focus in procedures and trainings
- Participate in the country strategy development by providing practical solutions to the Country Management group and Area Management Team of Maiduguri
- Lead on Logistics and compliance trainings to all staff and specific trainings to senior managers on the processes, procedures and tools
- Ensure close coordination and support the Security Department to ensure programmes are delivered in a safe manner as stipulated in all security SOPs
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Context specific:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria and Grand Lac region
- Knowledge of Donor regulations
- Experience with Logistic procedures within INGOs
- Capacity to work in multicultural context
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: June 2018
- Duration: 18 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station:Maiduguri, with 20% travel
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location