Country: NIGERIA, based in Maidaguri
Context: Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 local government areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The Nigeria mission came under ACF-FR management on January 1st 2019. Financing is issued from donors such as DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounts to approximately 70 million USD. The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three bases offices : Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak.
Maiduguri 190 Plus staff Seconded Staff/Daily Workers, 11 Project over a financial volume of 30+ million Euro, Security level is 3.
Length of contract: 12 month, starting on the 15th of July 2019**
Under the supervision of Operations Support Coordinator, you will be in charge of implementing the logistics policies and procedures in Maiduguri base to ensure optimum logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs in Maiduguri.
More precisely, you will be in charge of :
- Provide HR management to the Logistics team in the Field Base
- Supervising the Supply Chain function at the Base
- Supervising Fleet & Transport and equipment management
- Ensure management and planning
- Ensure security and Communication Management at the Base
Do you fit with the position: You hold a degree in business administration (BBA) or equivalent. You have 3 years of professional experience in Logistics management/coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work environment. You have strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy and numeracy. You are committed to ACF values, have strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. You are a manager that have the ability and desire to develop staff capacity. A previous experience of handling a large volume base like Maiduguri will be a benefit. You are fflexible and able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
You are fluent in English.
Status: Fix-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
It is a good learning experience to represent Logistics in Madiguri base of Nigeria mission which is one of the biggest base of ACF missions. There is a good team structure, well maintained relationship with Logs cluster, other partners, a lot of learning and online training oppurtunities for the role. Living Conditions in the base are also very good.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 1600€ to 1975€ upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 329 € + 210 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months)
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.