- Support the UNDP Projects and Programmes teams in Somali Region to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with government and community representatives and provides them with regular information about UNDP’s strategic engagement in the region;
- Identify, analyze, monitor and report on logistic and other relevant developments and emerging issues in the region;
- Provide logistical and back up support to the programme teams in Ethiopia Somali Region to network and collaborate with Regional authorities particularly the key line Bureaus such as BoFED, DPPB, Bureau of Livestock and Pastoral Development, Bureau of Agriculture and Natural Resource Management, Bureau of Water Resources and Irrigation Development, etc.;
- Maintain and update a database with all contacts from different government representatives, UN agencies, NGOs, civil society organizations and other key stakeholders relevant to UNDP projects and programmes;
- Perform other related tasks that may be assigned by the Senior Programme Co-ordinator;
- Network, build and maintain strong working relations with the Government, local governments and development partners;
- Spearhead logistics planning between Woredas and Regional level staff.
- Act as a logistical and back up support contact person to the UNDP projects and programmes in Somali region;
- Assist program coordinator in relation with admin, logistics and office assistant;
- In addition to driving, act as Head of drivers and Transport/fleet management Focal person in Somali region;
- Monthly Vehicle report such fuel consumption repair cost etc.;
- Compile fleet management reports including maintaining vehicle service schedules to the direct supervisor and country office;
- Ensures all equipment including vehicles are in good running condition;
- Prepare security clearance and necessary document for all movements in Somali region;
- Early travel preparation and Item collection (calculate fuel consumption, weather, medicine, detailed travel plan);
- Manage protocols and logistical support for visitors on UNDP missions in Somali;
- Assist other drives maintaining their vehicle.
- Facilitate information flow to government Partners’ to enable them to participate in UNDP’s programme and project planning and review processes;
- Disseminate information and ensures that regional government representatives effectively participate in planning, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all development activities;
- Travel, as required, in support of the UNDP’s programmes, mandated tasks and partnerships within the region.
- A minimum of 1 year (four years with College Diploma) relevant professional working experience in the Somali region;
- Proven ability to coordinate, work and establish working relationship with multiple stakeholders (government, UN agencies, NGOs, private sector, civil society, etc.);
- Good knowledge about UN/UNDP rules and procedures is highly desirable;
- Previous working experience in the UN or other international organizations is an advantage, as well as established networks and familiarity with the Ethiopia Somali Regional State;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in assets and fleet management in the UN context;
- Good organizational skills, with strong experience in organizing and facilitating multi-stakeholder meetings and workshops;
- Excellent ability in writing reports, summarizing papers, and delivering presentations to international and national audiences;
- Excellent inter-personal and team building skills;
- A valid driving permit license a must and proven experience in professional driving with the UN or big international organization;
- Experience in protocol and guests handling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Somali, Amharic and English languages.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year with a possibility of extension