Under the direct supervision of Country Office Security Associate and overall guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager (OM), the Local Security Assistant assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UNDP Staff and offices in Bangladesh.
- Assists in Developing and Maintaining Facility Safety & Security Survey (FSSS) reports including updating staff lists and other security data for UNDP CO and Projects;
- Assists with assessment of Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) for UNDP CO and Project Offices all over Bangladesh and report preparation on that;
- Assists in handling, reporting and managing all sorts of security incidents affecting UNDP Staff, Offices and Assets;
- Provides General Administrative Assistance on all security related issues to Admin Associate;
- Performs other Security-Related tasks as assigned by Admin Associate.
- Assists in the preparation and review of the Project FSSS inspection and FSSS document;
- Supports actions during implementation of FSSS by the project offices as required;
- Assists in maintaining updated staff data for CO and Project Offices;
- Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, Security Operating Procedures (SOP) and SRA Reports as needed;
- Organizing and delivering training courses on security awareness and preparedness, maintaining ‘Data Base’ on all Security Training and updates on monthly basis for CO and Project;
- Assists in updating all security related SOPs and other documents for CO and project offices;
- Assists in maintaining regular contact with Project SFPs to maintain security related issues.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with MOSS established for the project offices;
- Assists with the compilation of data required for the MOSS Self-Assessment by the project offices;
- Assists in ensuring residential (Minimum Operating Residential Security Standards – MORSS) and office safety, and security preparedness;
- Overall management of the privately hired security companies that are employed at UNDP Project Offices in Bangladesh;
- Liaison between project offices and with privately hired security companies for access control issues;
- Establishes and maintains warden system and keeps update of information related to UNDP offices and residences;
- Assists in conducting various safety drills and exercises namely Fire Safety Drill, Building Evacuation Drill, Earthquake Preparedness Drill, Security Briefing to the Staffs etc. for UNDP CO and Project Offices.
- Assists in the preparation of security reports, such as Security Incident Report, Security Assessments as situation demands;
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UNDP staff, offices and assets;
- Report untoward security incidents to Admin & Security Associate;
- Assure implementation of security procedures and protocols;
- Maintains regular contacts with Project Security Focal Points;
- Assists Admin & Security Associate in collecting and disseminating information regarding security situation in Bangladesh to all UNDP Staff in Bangladesh as received from UNDSS.
- Maintains routine and confidential security correspondence files/documents;
- Maintains a database on security related events, contact details in relation to host country security authorities; takes minutes and/or notes at security related UNDP meetings;
- Maintains inventories for the security related items;
- Assists in preparation and management UNMSM and Common Cost Sharing Security budget for UNDP;
- Provides support in organizing and conducting Security Training Courses for UNDP Staff;
- Perform any other duties assigned by Admin & Security Associate.
- Oversee the pedestrian access control issues for CO Staff in coordination with UNDSS;
- Assist in managing vehicle access control issues in coordination with IDB Bhaban Management;
- Check and Monitor day to day activities of security guard and receptionists at CO;
- Inventory Management of the Security Items of CO.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards (human rights, peace, understanding between peoples and nations, tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation (UNDP core ethics) impartiality;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Builds strong interpersonal relationships with Security Companies responds positively to feedback, timely responses to the queries;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Ability to engage with high ranking UN / International Officials and Law Enforcement Agencies as and when required;
- Ability to identify opportunities, conceptualize and develop training curriculum for the security guards;
- Being a resource person is capable to conduct dialogue leading workshops;
- Ability to oversee timely implementation of contacts renewal and employment of security guards and in the process provide the necessary trouble shooting to keep the smooth functions of security guards;
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets and conduct financial analysis of the investment of the UN agencies for their security guards;
- Ability to implement new systems (as directed) and affect the behavioral / attitudinal change of the security guards.
- Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment among the security guards through leadership and personal example;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development and applies newly acquired skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with all UN staff and affiliated Security Companies and guards as well.
- First University degree or equivalent education in army or police force in the relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and 2 years’ experience in security, preferably in Military of Police Context or related field of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, local and tribal languages;
- Excellent interacting and management skills;
- Pro-activeness and creativeness;
- Understanding and experience in collecting, analysis and dissemination of information;
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation;
- Experience in diplomatic security, protection and intelligence considered an asset;
- Knowledge of host country safety codes;
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Ability to travel and Physically fit.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year