- Contribute to the analysis of administrative reform results and compilation of decentralization best practices relevant for target communities in the East;
- Contribute to improving local institutions and administrative services in GCAs of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts and promote the inclusion of women in local governance;
- Assist to set up and operationalisation of up to 10 mobile administrative offices (mobile TsNAPs); provide support to the purchasing of vehicles and specialized equipment;
- Contribute to the identification of a total of 25 territories (13 in the Donetsk region and 12 in Luhansk) where these units will be operating;
- Ensure the implementation of a “one-stop shop” approach in provision of a range of priority administrative, legal aid and information services to population of pre-selected target territories;
- Facilitate the process of development and design of a system of geo-localisation of the mobile service units and make it available to users through SMS notifications, GPS based apps or other relevant e-solutions;
- Contribute to the creation and set up of an Information Platform, which can be accessed online through browsers and apps;
- Promote the sustainability of the Project’ interventions and draw important lessons learnt to inform the further implementation of the programme;
- Mobilise the young population in GCAs to support, on a voluntary basis, the new model of service delivery;
- Facilitate the process of setting up a network of mobile Centres of Administrative Services (TsNAPs) and ensure the hand over of all purchased assets to responsible local authorities;
- Ensure capacity assessment, capacity building and technical assistance for improvement of local public service provision for target communities;
- Pilot innovative approaches and technologies through an assessment of applicability and identification and development of e-tools for improving local services and increasing transparency in pilot regions;
- Contribute to preparation of annual, quarterly, and detailed implementation work plans, and other related documents for timely commencement and implementation of the component activities;
- Collect and analyse of the data and relevant studies on decentralization, local services and shared services (education, health, and social services). Ensure availability of an up-to-date information on all critical administrative services issues related to RPP;
- Initiate and facilitate experience exchange and study tours to exchange and learning of the experience of other regions in implementing regional policy and preparing proposals
- Perform other activities as requested by Programme Coordinator and UNDP Project Office Management.
- Full and efficient implementation of the assigned activities related to administrative services’ delivery as part of the Local Governance and Decentralization Reform component of the RPP;
- Results, experiences and lessons learned during implementation of assigned work is disseminated at the local and national levels;
- Reporting and quality monitoring activities completed.
- Respective sections of the annual work plan for the Local Governance and Decentralization Reform component of RPP is fully and timely implemented;
- Funds delivery allocated for administrative services support activities reached 100%;
- Programme and Component activities are carried out in strict accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
- People Management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Learning;
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Conflict Management;
- Result orientation;
- Self –management and emotional intelligence;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing:
- Innovation and Marketing New Approaches:
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Ability to implement project/programmes components for results, including the ability to translate strategic aims into achievable annual work plans; and prepare inputs to project/programme reports in a timely manner;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to handle politically sensitive issues and establish partnership with government authorities and CSO’s and within UNDP;
- Sound judgment and maturity to foster a positive work environment;
- Good facilitation skills;
- Familiarity with national legislation on recovery issues;
- Demonstrated strong analytical, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Excellent usage of computers and office software packages.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Social Sciences, or other relevant areas;
- At least 3 years of proven experience of analysis and research in the field of decentralization, inter-governmental relations, local service delivery, public administration, territorial administrative reorganization or other relevant areas;
- Experience in delivering capacity development, advisory and advocacy services to the Government in the relevant fields would be a strong advantage;
- Sound knowledge of public sector reforms generally and the reforms currently undertaken at the local level by the Ukrainian Government would be a strong advantage;
- Experience of working with relevant stakeholders from the governmental and non-governmental institutions involved in governance issues at the national and sub-national levels would be an asset;
- Working level of English;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS and NO categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 month with possible extension