Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of project activities
- Provision of quality technical assistance to project and counterparts, including NGO implementing partners and community based organization
- Creation of strategic partnerships
- Supports delivery of the project activities in Rakhine State including conducting field monitoring, and reporting on the project interventions in Rakhine, and contributing to all routine quarterly and annual results reporting
- Coordinates implementation support with NGO implementing partners to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of project activities, by leading planning and monitoring of agreed activities.
- Monitors issues and risks related to project implementation, identifies mitigation measures, and implements agreed actions
- Supports the development of livelihoods project guidelines and tools, including community based planning, resource and stakeholder mapping, cash transfer modalities and social cohesion
- Supports data collection and analysis of field activities, to gather evidence and support review of livelihoods and social cohesion strategy and approaches
- Supports the development of a training curriculum on Rakhine context specific livelihoods and social cohesion issues to be delivered to township and village tract administrations, village leaders, NGO implementing partners and community based organizations.
- Facilitates and implements workshops with township and village tract administrations, village leaders, NGO implementing partners and community based organizations
- Develops relationships with township and village tract administrations, and government line departments in the working area
- Develops relationships with development organizations in livelihoods and social cohesion related works
- Represents UNDP in inter-agency coordination meetings and working groups at township level
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Level 2: Analysis and creation of messages and strategies
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Level 1.2: Contributes into results through primary research and analysis
Building Strategic Partnerships
Levle 1.2: Maintaining a network of contacts
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
Level 1.2: Enhancing processes or products
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
Resource Mobilization (Field Duty Stations)
Level 1.2: Providing inputs to resource mobilization strategies
Level 2: Developing tools and mechanisms
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 2: In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter
Level 1.2: Preparing information for global advocacy
Level 1.2: Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
Prince2 training and certification, RMG
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Development Studies, Social Science, or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years with Bachelor degree or 1year with Master’s degree of experience in the implementation of livelihoods and social cohesion programmes and projects.
- Experience in coordinating with wide range of stakeholders at field level, including government, NGOs and civil society, I/NGO, parliament, etc.
- Experience in design and delivery of capacity building training.
- Coordination experience, preferably within UNDP or another UN agency is an asset.
- Computer literacy – MS office applications, web-based management information systems.
- Demonstrated strength in interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Work experience in Rakhine State preferred
- Fluency in English and Myanmar
- Knowledge on Rakhine and local languages preferred
Paper-based applications will not be accepted.
UNDP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
Only those candidates in whose qualifications and experience the Organization has further interest will be contacted for subsequent interview(s).
UNDP regrets its inability to reply individually or attend to telephone or e-mail queries on the advertised posts.
Contract Duration: 1 year