The Programme Development Manager has the overall responsibility for the development of the Livelihoods and Food Security (LFS) response for the Venezuela country programme. This position has a twofold focus:
- Livelihood Provisioning / Meet Basic Needs: Protect and stabilise affected households against further effects of risks and crisis by ensuring access to adequate and appropriate nutritious food and provision of other essential livelihood needs required for survival
- Livelihoods Protection: Support affected households and communities protecting household and livelihood systems, avert erosion of productive assets and support households and communities in restoring productive assets;
THIS IS A RE-ADVERTISEMENT, CANDIDATES WHO HAD APPLIED NEED NOT APPLY AGAIN.
- Develop LFS CC strategic direction, technical SOPs/guidelines and Macro Log frames
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, CC tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible for development and managing of funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall support and guidance of LFS project staff at the national level
- Support the coordination of the LFS project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Responsible for technical innovative development and quality of LFS in-country, holistic programming (with other CCs) and to ensure harmonization and consistency across CC projects in line with NRC Programme Policy
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise in Livelihoods and Food Security
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Must have fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Duration: initially 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Grade: 9 - see attached NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Caracas, Venezuela with 60% travel.
- Caracas is a non-family duty station
- This is a re-advertisement, candidates who had applied need not apply again.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location