Application deadline: 26 July 2019
ABOUT THE LIBYA INGO FORUM
The Libya INGO Forum (INGOF) is an independent network of 17 international non-governmental organizations (INGOs) implementing humanitarian programs to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable population living in Libya. The INGOF provides a platform to facilitate the work of its members and support them to efficiently and effectively address key issues of common interest.
With the recruitment of a dedicated security advisor, the INGOF seeks to support its members by improving the safety and security of humanitarian operations in Libya. The work of the Libya INGO Forum is guided by its Terms of Reference, its elected Board members and ultimately by the Country Directors of member organizations.
RESPONSABILITIES AND DUTIES
Facilitate INGO security meetings, briefings and workshops as often as necessary and ensure information is disseminated to relevant stakeholders.
Strengthen INGO security coordination through the development and implementation of common tools where feasible and sharing of best practices.
Help to ensure that all NGOs are conversant with relevant security protocols and take security issues seriously.
Explore and foster synergies between INGOs with the view to reducing the costs of security.
Coordinate linkages between the INGO Forum and other organizations relevant to safety and security of NGOs, including UNDSS under the “Saving Life Together” framework.
Information management & support to INGOs
Establish and maintain an active information network to obtain credible and relevant safety information.
Provide INGOs with timely and credible security information.
Produce and disseminate/deliver daily updates, security briefing, analysis notes, monthly and annual trend analysis reports, etc. as deemed relevant.
Facilitate the provision of trainings to enhance INGOs awareness of security and safety.
Provide ad-hoc security guidance and assistance to INGO Forum member organizations when required.
Support improved NGO analysis of the overall security context.
· Bachelor’s degree in security, risk or international relations, Master’s preferred.
· At least 5 years working experience in the humanitarian field, either in a safety and security management or operational role. Experience in insecure/conflict-affected environment required.
· Experience within an operational NGO strongly preferred. Equivalent experience, including the UN, DPKO missions, diplomatic community, donors, national governments and others could be considered
· Ability to manage and disseminate information with conflict sensitivity and respect for confidentiality.
· Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability in writing briefing papers and other information products.
· Experience working in the Libya context preferred.
· Working knowledge of Arabic strongly preferred.
· Excellent computer literacy.
· Flexible and able to multi-task and improvise.
· Strong ability to work within a team as well to follow projects independently.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
REPORT TO: Libya INGO Forum Coordinator
DUTY STATION: Tripoli/Tunis
START DATE: asap
DURATION: initially 8 months with potential renewal pending on funding