Duties and Accountabilities
The incumbent will be expected to:
Play the lead role in developing and strengthening the Program Review process of Corporate Security’s overseas programs in WBG offices. Develop an overall Review program to assess the effectiveness of corporate security policies, procedures and deliveries to assure safety of staff and facilities at all locations where WBG has a presence. The Program will ensure that reviews are performed on a consistent, fair and transparent schedule. The policy or plan should outline a process for improvements, if needed, and define consequences for non-compliance with reference to the Accountability Framework. Develop sets of KPIs that are reflective of variations in the threat based frameworks for country offices with differing security exposures Socialize the Program Review process with senior regional management, and prioritize country office coverage in a two year work plan. Engage directly with relevant country office staff, security staff and in-country security related agencies in assessing the effectiveness of GSDCS programs Collaborate with regional and HQ based staff in determining remediation approached where program delivery at the country office is below acceptable standards. Develop approaches to enforcement of implementation of critical mitigation measures Contribute to the strategic leadership and direction for implementing the WBG's worldwide security programs; Participate fully in strategy, management, and budget meetings with the Chief of Corporate Security and GSD Director Liaise with Regional VPUs and Senior Director level as required Represent the WBG at UN Inter-Agency Security Management network events and conferences Support as required the WBG's Incident Command structure; Act Chief of Corporate Security as required
Discharge of the above responsibilities requires frequent interaction with:
WBG staff at all levels, typically VPs, Country Office Directors, Regional Operations Directors, CAOs; Counterpart staff in UN Agencies;Selection Criteria
• Graduate or post graduate degree, plus 15 years of relevant experience, at least five of which should be in a senior security management position with independence in operational decision making;
• Experience in security management and threat mitigation leading a team of professionals extending over at least five years, in countries with higher security threat ratings;
• A proven track record in providing leadership and security program innovation and management;
• Capacity to develop and socialize security responses to protect staff and assets in operations in increasingly hostile environments;
• Demonstrated innovative strategic planning capabilities together with proven skills in operationalizing strategies into pragmatic implementation plans;
• Proven project management and analytical skills with the capacity to make independent decisions impacting life and safety of staff;
• Track record of excellent interpersonal and people management skills, with ability to interact effectively with high performing teams of security professionals;
• Consulting skills at strategic and leadership levels;
• Proven record of coaching and leading others to achieve high quality results;
• Demonstrated capacity to effectively influence others without formal authority,
• Demonstrated strong team leadership and teamwork skills, working across boundaries in a collaborative and supportive manner;
• An understanding of the WBG's global business and its operations is desirable;
• Excellent and persuasive written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to communicate threats and risks to non-security
professionals, including Sr. Management.
• Client Orientation - Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs and works to remove obstacles that may impede execution or overall success.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organizational skills to do so.
• Collaboration and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments and shares knowledge with others, communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Analyzes facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others' work.