CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek a Lead Researcher for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Analysis.
The purpose of the GESI Analysis is to identify most significant macro and sectoral level societal inequalities and prioritize them with rationale for why they should be addressed in the new USAID/Nepal Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS). The study will also provide sex and caste ethnicity disaggregated statistics for social inclusion considerations along with strong recommendations about ways that the CDCS could address identified GESI gaps and needs for empowerment so that these could be reflected throughout CDCS. USAID/Nepal will apply these findings for strategic planning, in support of the goal of setting Nepal on a path toward self-reliance.
* Manage the entire analysis process, including drafting the analytical design and analysis plan and leading the presentations and discussions with the Mission and Partners.
* Lead the preparation of an inception report, which will include a review of existing literature and resources, a detailed methodology, work plan, table of contents, and data collection instruments.
* Allocate responsibilities to other analysis team members based on their skills and capacity.
* Support the analysis team members to ensure that all team members fulfill obligations, communications, and deliverables in a timely manner.
* Provide a presentation of preliminary and findings and recommendations to USAID/Nepal at the end of the data collection.
* Lead the preparation of the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Analysis Report.
* An experienced senior level gender analysis technical specialist, with 8-10 years of experience leading USAID gender reviews and assessments.
* Solid understanding of qualitative research skills, particularly on systematic review, and strong analytical and writing skills are required.
* Experience conducting gender-based violence (GBV) and social inclusion analysis as it pertains to international development, governance, human rights, resilience, health, education, economic growth or any of USAID CDCS sectors.
* Outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
* Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures preferred
* Excellent communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Strong English writing skills; writing samples from recent evaluations or reports, and three professional references, will be requested