- Assist in preparing full technical design and sizing and Single Line Diagrams (SLD) for solar photovoltaic systems, microwind systems, and/or hybrid solar & microwind systems (with storage) based on beneficiary site needs’ and conditions;
- Prepare shop drawings, work schedules and material specifications; and ensure conformity with the design specifications;
- Assist in preparation of Tender documents for solar photovoltaic systems, microwind systems, and/or hybrid solar & microwind systems (with storage) based on the design specifications
- Prepare, in collaboration with the various contractors, the time schedules for the execution works and the arrangements regarding the proper delivery of equipment to the installation sites; and ensure information is communicated to the site engineers;
- Research and maintain an updated database on relevant EE/RE products and prices;
- Supervise works, including: ensuring the provision of complete listings of installed equipment per site; the preparation of site logs, acceptance reports; change orders; documentation of site condition; etc.
- Liaise with Contractor’s staff in all site matters and assist in finding practical solutions to daily site problems;
- Assist in controlling engineering works and in particular the quality of works, safety and environmental aspects and compliance with the Contract;
- Convey progress, comments, problems etc. to Project Coordinator regarding the works;
- Assist in reviewing and monitoring planning schedules, analyzing potential or occurring constraints/delays and overseeing the implementation of remedial measures, including extending assistance to Contractor to reschedule priorities.
- Assist in the performance testing of installations and coordinate hand-over arrangements;
- Assist in the monitoring and data collection from the various sites including data management and analysis;
- Prepare commissioning and progress reports as needed;
- Support in the training and capacity building workshops that are organized by the project to transfer technology to beneficiaries and counterparts.
- Ability to interface and maintain a positive relationship with others (teamwork);
- Good organisational and coordination skills,
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as research skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately;
- Flexible (willing to travel regularly to the project sites);
- Proficiency with engineering, solar and wind design software, such as Homer Pro, PVsyst, AutoCad;
- Proficiency in standard Microsoft Office applications and relevant computer applications;
- Knowledge of international engineering standards and quality procedures particularly in renewable energy applications (in specific solar PV, microwind, and/or hybrid solar PV-microwind systems).
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, or closely related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience with the UN or international donor funded projects in desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of French is a plus.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension