Applications are now being accepted for the spring 2019 term of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector, United Nations University.
Term dates: 19 August to 19 December 2019
Applications for the Fall 2019 term will be accepted from 12 April to 12 May 2019.
The underlying principles of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector are centered on creating a dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience for graduate level students and young professionals. Junior Fellows are provided a monthly stipend and work full time during the regular working hours of the University: 9:30–17:30, Monday to Friday. Junior Fellows are provided office space and facilities as appropriate for their work and enjoy free access to UNU Headquarters facilities, including the library and gym.
The programme places a strong emphasis on the training, guidance, and hands-on experience that form the foundation of a successful and beneficial internship. Under guidance of the programme supervisor and through working closely with UN professional staff, Junior Fellows will learn about and provide support to the following ongoing assignments, projects and initiatives within the Office of the Rector:
· research and writing for institutional development: preparation of executive briefs on priority issues; background research and drafting of topical information briefs in support of internal policy development (i.e. related to the functioning of the University);
· planning: supporting the development of project management tools and systems;
· event coordination: supporting the organisation of lectures, conferences, workshops, and other public events;
· meeting coordination: logistical support and minute taking;
· editorial support: proof-reading reports and copy editing;
· communication: preparation and dissemination of newsletters, event summaries, and other communication documents.