Macfadden is seeking a Junior Travel Specialist supporting the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). The Junior Travel Specialist will support the Food For Peace (FFP) Travel team, assisting with travel arrangements for FFP personnel.
- Supports the Travel Team to ensure that all travel arrangements, documents and document processes are compliant for the client and corporate.
- Provide clear communication to all customers on the travel process while maintaining a high standard of customer service.
- Responsible for maintaining physical and virtual document filing systems.
- Maintain lists and follow-up promptly to all actions, highly organized, close attention to detail, have excellent proofreading skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Possess sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Prepare travel authorizations in accordance with the Agency's Travel Regulations. Obtain country clearances and assure appropriate accounting information is included on all Travel Authorizations (TAs). Coordinate with the traveler and with the USAID travel agent to provide the travel with a travel authorization and ticket receipt.
- Assist USAID travelers with the preparation, review and submission of travel voucher package.
- Process applications and requests for renewals of Diplomatic and Official passports for program-funded staff.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive working relationships with administrative and financial personnel in USAID Missions, M/FM, regional financial management service centers, USAID Travel Office (M/AS/TT) and the Agency’s Travel Agent to facilitate the timely processing of requests and resolution of problems encountered;
- Process visa applications and requests for renewals of Diplomatic and Official passports.
Administrative Support and Documentation Systems
- Ensure the maintenance of hard and electronic files and assist in maintaining tracking systems for travel related documents such as: travel authorizations, vouchers, scanned passports, photos, medical evacuation policy information, etc.
- Provide reporting support, prepare correspondence and documents.
- Maintain project physical files and up-to-date record of all current travelers and their itineraries
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: 1-4 years of office experience and relevant experience.
- Position requires the ability to work in high pressure situations occasionally exceeding normal business hours.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs.
- Excellent critical thinking and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.