UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
KENYA CO TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
Purpose of Assignment
To support Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Section with reporting and creating supporting documents
Location of Assignment
Nairobi, UNICEF Kenya
Duration of contract
Background and Justification
Scope of Work
1) Goal and Objective: Under the supervision of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Section, the Intern will:
• Support the development of the CMT slides and check for PME follow up actions after the CMT meeting
• Support the SRA2 UNDAF reporting process, collating notes at SRA2 meetings and share with the Chief PME, UNDAF M&E Technical Working group supported
• Support the annual review planning process, collating all the notes and draft the annual review report
• Follow up with sections on submissions of the RAM, Compact, EISI, SMQs, COAR and any other documentation related to end year reporting
• Support joint partnership review meetings, ensuring that invitations are send partners and note taking
• Support data analysis that may be required such as program monitoring, travel analysis, investment mapping
• Support with any other tasks as when the need arises
2) Work relationships: The Intern will be required to work with a variety of parties involved in the assignment and will need to develop positive working relationships with UNICEF staff.
To be paid a stipend of KES 30,000/- being contribution towards the Interns living expenses and transport
Required qualifications, desired competencies, technical background and experience
· Intern must be over 18 years and under 25 years with demonstrable experience working with young people in informal settlements and other disadvantaged backgrounds in Kenya.
· Must be able to travel throughout Kenya without restrictions.
· Knowledgeable in UNICEF Kenya work in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
· Must be able to work under tight deadlines and high pressure.
Competencies: Professionalism, drive for results, communications and working with people are core competencies required for the assignment.
Languages required: English and Kiswahili is required
Administrative issues and Conditions **
The Intern will keep confidential all unpublished information made known to them during the course of their service and will not publish any reports or papers on the basis of information obtained during the period of their service, except with the authorization of UNICEF.
UNICEF accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness incurred during the service of the Internship, whether on or off UNICEF premises, and the advoacte must, therefore, provide proof of enrolment in a health/accident plan.
There is no expectancy of employment at the end of the service. The Intern must be legally able to work in Kenya. The duty station will be at UNICEF Kenya office in Gigiri, Nairobi with official travel in Kenya when necessary – with travel rights granted through a Travel Authorization (TA). **