Job Title: Internship - Employee services intern
Requisition Number: D3005
Area of Interest: To Be Assigned
Position Type: To Be Assigned
Hours Per Week: 21-35
Full Time or Part Time: part time
Regular, Short Term OR Temporary: temp
Department Name: Human Resources
Location: US-Based - please see job description
Telework - Part Time Considered: No
Telework - Full Time Considered: No
Position Title: Employee Services Assistant- Year Up Intern
Location: Human Resources/HQ
Reports To: Employee Services Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the overseas relief and development arm of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It was founded in 1943 and works in 90 countries globally. CRS seeks to alleviate suffering and provide assistance to people in need without regard to race, religion or nationality.
This position plays a collaborative role on the Employee Services Team, focusing on HR operations and engagement. Key components of this position include providing administrative support for processing over 500 consultancy contracts per year, assisting with the travel program and administrative details for employee activities. This individual will also provide high level customer service and timely support to staff, consultants and other parties.
- Scan and save contracts in Shared drive folder.
- Enter contracts on Consultant Tracking Sheet.
- Send fully signed contracts to consultants, copying relevant CRS staff.
- Address invoicing inquiries.
- File contracts.
- Backstop Employee Services Specialist handling the broader consultancies process.
- Perform data collection.
Processing of Invoices
- Assists with Miles and Stockbridge U.S. visa work
- Process excess luggage reimbursements
- Support the shipments in storage
- Other invoices as needed
- Process ground transportation requests
- Respond to travel related emails (visas/passports)
- Process vendor invoices
- Attend meetings with travel vendors
- Run ticket consignment program (zoo/aquarium/etc.)
- Support Ice Cream Social event
- Provide administrative support for bi-monthly orientation sessions
- Coordinate and schedule meetings with onboarding presenters
- Send out prepared notices to onboarding participants
- Prepare onboarding packets
- Meet and greet new employees
- Order food and beverages for onboarding events
- Fill in for Receptionist during lunch hours and other times as needed.
- Greet visitors, answers and directs telephone calls.
- Perform other duties/special projects as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities N/A
Key Working Relationships
Internal : Employee Services Team, HR Staff, CRS staff
External : Consultants & Vendors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Skills and Abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal relations, particularly in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Exercises high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize software/technology with a focus on SharePoint.
- Two years of relevant customer service experience preferred.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Internal applicants are encouraged to apply within the first ten days of posting.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.