1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Delivering Development Impact through PSOD Equity Investments (Direct/Private)."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assist in deal monitoring and portfolio management
- Undertake a review of equity portfolio (esp. the underperforming) to develop a lessons learnt analysis
- Develop consistent valuation approaches/methodologies across the Equity portfolio.
- Examine and propose improvements to the equity portfolio monitoring process
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-16 weeks
- Timing: June 2019 onwards
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- Consistent valuation methodology across ADB in Equity valuations.
- Preparation of written guidelines on valuation methodology (jointly with ADB staff and/or consultants).
- Review of the lessons learnt from some of the underperforming investments. .
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Currently enrolled in an MBA/Masters Program in Finance, Accounting or related field.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Prior private equity, financial advisory, investment or commercial banking experience preferred. Has to be analytical, detail oriented, and able to efficiently multi-task.
An ability to works as part of a team and across departmental boundaries is essential.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).