1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"The Intern will review legal aspects of safeguards compliance, particularly related to environment and law, and will study cases that have been brought to the courts by affected persons or their representatives on projects funded by the MDBs, private sector banks and financial intermediaries, and implications of those on the workings of the MDBs and financial intermediaries."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
A. Accountability Mechanism Policy (AM Policy) Implementation
B. Review of actions (in courts or otherwise) against the financial institutions and its implications.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
A report on legal case study and its implications, and lessons for future.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's or PhD course in Law with majors in environmental law.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1 year of related experience in law with emphasis on environment.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now