1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"To undertake a research and analyze how innovative projects in social sectors (education and health) can generate positive impacts on human capital outcomes."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Conduct a descriptive analysis of survey and experimental data collected in Bangladesh and, possibly, other countries in Asia and the Pacific region and write a report on the transformation of these villages in the past four decades.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
1) Conduct a descriptive analysis of data.
2) Write a report on the impact assessments of the innovative development projects based on the analysis.
3) Perform detailed micro-econometric analyses of the survey and experimental data from the field.
4) Conduct field study, when necessary.
5) Prepare figures and tables, and help in drafting the research paper.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's or PhD course. Ideally a student working on his/her economics Ph.D. and focusing on micro-econometrics.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possesses very good writing and presentation skills.
Proven experience in advanced and complex analytical methods and econometric and statistical accounting frameworks.
Highly proficient in MS Office and LaTex, as well as statistical and mathematical programming software such as MATLAB and STATA.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now