1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"The role of demographics and leisure services in developing Asian economies: a macro analysis."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Background research and draft paper that discuss the following:
- Analysis of the effect of population aging on labor force participation, labor productivity, and growth in Asia using integrated micro and macro data. The relationship between population aging and labor shortages and potential gains from larger social mobility can also be explored.
- Determinants of labor supply of the elderly including specific policies, institutional setting, health status, and technological progress.
More specific details on the tasks to be carried out will be determined closer to the date.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Timing: June 2019
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
Draft paper analyzing services productivity and literature review of alternative methodologies.
Presentation at a research department Brown Bag lunch workshop.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's or PhD course. Ideally a student working on his economics Ph.D. and focusing on labor/macroeconomics.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Some knowledge of developing Asia.
- Experience with Stata econometrics program highly desired.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).