1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Capacity Development for Data Driven Cyber Operations."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Join OIST security operations team and hunt for threats within the ADB environment.
- Develop advanced algorithms and analytics to enhance data-driven decision making for cyber security operations.
- Work with internal and external specialists to develop
“hunting missions” using threat intelligence, log data analysis and other security detection / response tools.
- Participate in the process of eliminating false positives and eradicating threat factors
- Review alerts generated by ADB's existing security infrastructure for false positives and offer recommendations to find tune relevant detection rules.
- Document work completed and new processes introduced with the help from ADB teams.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Timing: June 2019 onwards
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
- The intern improved understanding and hands on experience of cyber security operations in an enterprise environment.
- Documented work performed, observations and lessons learned.
- Experimental data model and underlying algorithms to support threat hunting activities.
- Internship report in form of a presentation summarizing the preparation and result of the
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Presently enrolled in a Master's or PhD course. Advanced Engineering or Science degree in the fields of Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Statistics, Mathematics, and other relevant fields.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Experience in participating / achieving results in Capture-The-Flag (CTF) or other cybersecurity / information security competition is strongly preferred.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).