Internship in communication support
The ILO SCORE Programme is assisting governments, industry associations and trade unions in Asia, Africa and Latin America to develop export and domestic industrial sectors, with a particular focus on competitiveness and decent work in small and medium enterprises (SMEs). Its main intervention is SCORE Training, a practical training and in-factory consulting programme that improves productivity and working conditions in SMEs and helps them to participate in global supply chains.
The intern will be based in Beijing and work closely with the SCORE Project team to improve the project communication and support programming activities. The Intern will carry out the following tasks:
- Contribute to SCORE communication and advocacy, support with the visibility and exposure of SCORE in public.
- Maintain and update programme social media account on regular basis;
- Produce social media friendly material based on case stories, events, reports etc.
- Perform in-depth research, gather facts and interview the ILO and tripartite constituents on specific subjects to support production of SCORE programme information that is relevant, accurate and engaging.
- Collect, compile and write up programme event information, and web publishing; the writing will be in journalistic styles that is interesting, accessible and readable to the target audiences.
- Programming support, participate SCORE activities, assist with informal translation and interpretation and preparation of programme background material for briefing or sharing session of SCORE workshops.
- Perform any required duty assigned by the ILO CO-BEIJING.
Candidates must be enrolled in the final year of a graduate degree programme, or be enrolled in a higher degree programme, in journalism, public communications or creative writing, or any programme with similar relevance. Alternatively she or he should have completed such a programme in the preceding 12 months.
Working experience related to communications is preferred.
Excellent knowledge of English and Chinese
- Specific skills in dealing with the multimedia and social media
- Specific skills related to the development of visual material (i.e. videos and photos), graphics and infographics, and related software
- Ability to write up event announcement, project news and activity information in English.
- Ability to draft Briefing papers, meeting notes and documents in English
- Good computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Ability to carry out assignments in accordance with instructions and guidelines
- Ability to integrate and work in multicultural teams and a multicultural environment