1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
"Innovative Applications of Input Output Methodologies to Labor Markets, Trade in Services, and Foreign Direct Investment."
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
ERDI seeks to engage a keen researcher to carry out a research project in one of the following topics: labor markets, trade in Services, and foreign direct investment (FDI) using innovative input-output methodologies that build on the ADB Multiregional Input Output Tables (MRIOTs). The intern will contribute to the development of cutting-edge indicators and economic research based on the MRIOTs and related to the Asia-Pacific Region by bridging the ADB-MRIOT team and the ERDI economists' team. The intern is also expected to assist the economists and statisticians in the division working on global value chains (GVCs) in producing high-quality data and timely analytical reports for internal and external clients.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Economics or related field, with research background in input-output methodologies and/or global value chains.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now